“I have changed my mind, great food and excellent service”
Review of Gervais & Vine

Gervais & Vine
Ranked #7 of 32 Nightlife in Columbia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 1 December 2008

The last time I visited G & V it was not a pleasant experience, I gave them a second chance on my last trip to Columbia and it was a completely different culinary vacation!

Visited Gervais & Vine during my daughters Basic Training Graduation and it was a wonderful experience.

During the four days in Columbia we ate here twice and both evenings were exceptional food.

Duck confit, Petit filet, Fingerling potatoes, Seared duck breast, and the list goes on.............

Get and couple bottles of wine and start ordering, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Jaegerak
There are newer reviews for Gervais & Vine

Reviewed 25 March 2008

Gervais & Vine is fab-u-lish-ous!!
I don't live in SC but travel there often to see family.
Being that we are from Birmingham, we have very high standards when it comes to eating out. Most people do not know or realize Bham has many amazing upscale restaurants & chefs from around the world..
But Gervais always meets & exceeds those standards!!
We always make sure to take a trip to Gervais & Vine. I've tried many other restaurants in Columbia downtown area but none of them have compared.
We're been to Gervais & Vine 3 times now. It has been a wonderful meal each & every time.
Can't wait until next time to try one of their the other restaurants as well.
The staff is always very friendly & helpful w/ deciding which items, wines you are going to try etc.
My spouse is vegetarian & I only eat seafood, Gervais has many wonderful items to chose from.
I love the fingerling potato's!! YUM!!
And the emails they send out weekly makes my mouth water & gets me dreaming of our next trip there.
Thank-you Gervais & Vine!!
You are WONDERFUL!!

2  Thank irielove
Reviewed 10 September 2007

Simply the best tapas bar I've been to in the States. Being from Madrid, I'm very picky about the tapas bars in the the US, but this one is always great. They may not have access to all of the ingredients I'm accustomed to, but they make out quite nicely. The other night I had a tasty bowl of mussels with fennel and local pilsner, their unmatched scallops, and a lamb terrine that made me want to hug the chef. The staff is fun and they (most of them) really know their stuff. If they don't they will by the next time you visit. A real testament to how well this place is run is the number of people on the staff that have been there for many, many years. I'd move in if they let me.

3  Thank MadridMan