“Very disapointing”

Cupcake DownSouth
Ranked #2 of 18 Bakeries in Columbia
Price range: USD 3 - USD 4
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Cupcake DownSouth’s three locally owned bakeries bake both classic and creative concoctions using the finest all-natural ingredients, like real vanilla beans, sweet cream butter, fresh fruit, and rich chocolate. We top them with our signature homemade icing, colorful sprinkles, candies, chocolate-covered almonds, chocolate chips, and more. Take your pick - we offer a dozen flavors daily from our collection of more than 50 flavors! We also offer our famous Cake Shakes (cupcake milkshakes), Cake Quakes (cupcake ice cream sandwiches), Pupcakes (cupcakes especially for dogs), After Dark alcohol-infused cupcakes, wedding & baby shower cupcakes & desserts, our signature Red Velvet coffee, and much more. Now you can order online for pickup at one of our bakeries, or call in your order for Uber Eats to deliver to you, too. Stop by and make life sweet today!
Reviewed 25 July 2018

I had been here before and loved it. I think they must have changed hands. The cupcakes were very dry and had no flavor. They girls working there had no idea about the cupcakes.

Kristin C, Owner at Cupcake DownSouth, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Hi Barbara, oh no! I'm dismayed to hear this! I am still definitely the owner and our manager and bakers have each been at this location for quite a while. I will pass along your feedback to the manager (who is wonderful) and see what could have happened... do you happen to remember what flavor(s) you had and what day you were there?

Reviewed 24 July 2018

You can never go wrong with a cupcake from here. They have lots of options which makes it hard to get just one. I love that they have a vegan option also.

Hi Makonya, thank you so much for your review! So appreciated. And I especially love that you're liking our daily vegan cupcakes!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We came her especially because they make vegan cupcakes, and I bought them ALL! We live in Sumter so this was an extra special treat. They were very sweet, so could do with being a little less so, but overall a good cake

Kristin C, Owner at Cupcake DownSouth, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you so much for your review, Jennie! I'm so glad you enjoyed our vegan cupcakes, and I love that you came all that way - though I wish I wasn't quite so much of a trek! We'd love to see you again and will have more vegan cupcakes on offer when you make the trek next. Much appreciated!

Reviewed 20 April 2018

Amazing cupcakes, my personal fav is the red velvet ones but I'm also partial to the Black and White.

Kristin C, Owner at Cupcake DownSouth, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you for your kind review, NarrowMender! (I must admit I'm partial to those two cupcakes as well) Our bakery crews and I really appreciate you taking the time to review us and let us know what you liked. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

They have a slew of all different flavors of cupcakes! I have been in a while back but always forget they are around until a special event comes up. It was a friend of mine's birthday last week and his favorite flavor is Coconut so I called and they had a "Loco for Coco" flavor available. I stared at all of the cupcakes like a kid in a candy store. I have bought some for my office before and they always get rave reviews. The taste is delicious! The cupcakes seem to most persons to be high in cost but for as big as they are and as delicious I would actually say it's reasonable ($5 ea), especially when you pay at least $8-10 for dessert at other restaurants.

Kristin C, Owner at Cupcake DownSouth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

GraceyJC, thank you so much for your review! You've really made our day. The Loco for Coco is a favorite around here so your friend has good taste! (I should note that our regular cupcakes are actually $3.15 each, but if you enjoyed any of our gluten free, vegan, or After Dark alcohol-infused cupcakes, which are $3.95, or our Cake Shakes, which are $5.95, with tax it would be nearer the $5 range you mentioned ... and I am definitely with you re: restaurant desserts!) I will share your review with our bakery crew; they will be absolutely delighted.