“Burger Time Blues”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #72 of 1,065 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Wanted a good burger for lunch-but didn’t want to fire up the grill on the 98 Saturday.

Longhorn offers several burgers with toppings. Ordered the Big Sky Burger with prime rib, onion petals and cheese. Ordered medium, burger was pretty solid-no pink. It was okay, huge and a lot to eat at one time. Hubs ordered steakhouse burger-plain cheeseburger. It was cooked medium-received the same.

The fries were soggy and not cooked to crispy. So we didn’t eat them. Overall, the meal was too pricey for what we ate (remember, neither of us at the soggy fries). We took the other half of our burgers home-but never ate it.

This visit was a miss for us at Longhorn but on the positive side, we didn’t have to cook....

2  Thank Michele739

Reviewed 2 August 2018

I was in town for a wedding and a group of 11 of us went there and they seated us 5/6 in ajoning booths. The prime rib was out of this world, cooked to perfection! All the others had lots of meals and all said it was great. I wish I could remember the waiter but he was great and very plesant.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is located in the Vista area of downtown Columbia. Parking is not easy. There is a lot next to the restaurant, but it isn't large. We were here on a Sunday for lunch. I can see where this would be an issue other times. Brandon was our server and he was fantastic. He brought our drinks out quickly and kept them filled. He brought out the loaf of warm bread. My husband ordered the Steakhouse burger with fries. I ordered the ribeye (rare) with a salad and loaded baked potato. The salad was large and had plenty of blue cheese dressing. The ribeye was delivered, but was far from rare. Brandon put the potato on a plate for me to nibble and had them remake the entire plate. The potato had butter, cheese, sour cream, and bacon. It was hot and very good. The second steak was perfect. It was rare and had a good flavor. There was a bit much pepper on the steak in some areas. The burger had lettuce, tomato, and onion on it. He said it was very good. Brandon brought a to go box for the second potato and a fresh hot loaf of bread. This was a very good lunch.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

They had great fried pickles. The chocolate cake with ice cream for dessert was unreal. I would have had it for the meal if I had known how good it was. Great service. Never had to ask for anything.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We ate at Longhorn Steakhouse and I must say overall I was disappointed. I usually eat at Outback and our friends wanted to eat at Longhorns so I was ok with that. Compared to Outback there was no comparison. I had the 11oz sirloin and it was just ok along with the mixed veggies and salad. The best thing I ordered was the shrimp appetizer which was very good and a lot of shrimp. Our waiter was ok but many times I needed more water and he could not be found. One of my friends had salmon that did not taste right so they agreed to switch it out for a Flo’s steak and we were all finished with our meal when she finally got her steak. She asked for a box to take it home since we had been there over an hour.
I’m not gonna say I won’t go back but there are better options for a steak in Columbia and at a better price and service.