“Average”

Ranked #65 of 1,079 Restaurants in Columbia
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Saturday afternoon with limited crowd.

Good service. Clean tables. Decorated nicely. Many TVs to watch the game on.

Good selection of beers

Burgers were served with luke warm fries that had been sitting around for a while. They saved cost but lost a future customer.

The burgers were average.

Lots of condiments.

Just average with warm fries.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We were out with a good friend, hyping up how good this place was. We came here a couple months ago, sat outside with our pup and had a delicious burger and beer. So we talked our friends into going here for some burger and fries! And wow! How embarrassed we feel right now. We sat outside (again with our pups) and we had the absolute worst service. Unfortunately, service can make or break your entire experience.

First, we all ordered beers. Mine came out quickly but then, they didn’t have the beer my husband wanted and so he said that’s fine, he understood and asked for a Budweiser. Then, she comes back to tell us that they don’t have that! ( considering this should be a staple beer, that blew our mind). Meanwhile, between all the back and forth, it took our friend nearly 30 minutes to get his beer! 1 beer. So crazy!

Time to get to the food we ordered. Our food came out in a reasonable time, which is great! Except for a couple things. Of course, they got our friends order wrong, wrong bun and wrong sauce (ps: ranch is extra)(pps: any extra sauce is extra cost). So she took it back and changed out the bun and added the right sauce. Great!! Thanks for that.

Back to food, I got the santé fe burger which comes with guac and other goodies. However, I barely had any guac, and was super disappointed by my burger. I feel like it lacked a ton of flavor. My husband built his own burger and said his was “okay.” And then our friend had the bun/sauce drama so he was already over it.

Overall, pretty embarrassed that we highly suggested this place to have a really bad experience! We even made jokes at the end that the waitress only brought one pen, and if we would have asked for another that it would be extra!

Yikes! Odds are we won’t be recommending this place again!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Sloppy serving and poor service let us down. It’s easy to tell the difference between a place that takes good care of you, vs a place that is indifferent. First they seated us in the back corner which was next to the restrooms, and we could smell them (not cool, but we moved since there were plenty of open tables so all good). Then they were out of the side I ordered (not great, but I got a different one). Then they served my wife a tomato slices that still had the whole stem on it (no way to miss this one, the tomato slice looked like it was growing a little tree). Then they charged me for the side I had originally ordered (plus charged my wife for ordering extra tomatoes), and I said I wasn’t paying for the side I didn’t order, they were argumentative and took forever to correct the check! Won’t be back.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Went to check this out today before a game. One of the best burgers we have ate. Will be sure to come again the next time we are in the area. Service was great!

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Had dinner tonight with my wife and granddaughter....a USC student....at the Burger Tavern. WOW!! The burgers were fantastic! The ones on the menu are outstanding...we tried the Santa Fe and the Memphis....and you can build your own. I did that and it was the best burgers that I have had in a very long time. I cannot believe that some other Columbia burger restaurants can be rated higher. The sides and service were also great. If you want a great burger.....go to the Burger Tavern. We will be making it a regular stop when downtown.

Been to Burger Tavern 77? Share your experiences!