“Ugh”

McAlister's Deli
Ranked #151 of 1,004 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

A friend and I ate here. I asked for wheat bread. I was served the absolute hardest bread ever. Asked for my sandwich cold, it was heated. The bread was so hard! They told me to ask for wheat sliced bread. I asked for wheat, did not know I needed to get THAT specific. The kicker for me is when I needed to wash my hands. Yuck! Just yuck! I looked at the men's room door. It looked just as bad! Yuck!

1  Thank Porchpals

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

We come here often because it's always great food and the staff is wonderful. Today we had the half-and-half (broccoli cheddar soup & half a Ruben) and the New Yorker. Both were fantastic. Definitely recommend and definitely will return.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

The potato / spuds selection is really good, and they're HUGE!!! Great service, and good deli sandwiches. Delicious desserts, too. For travelers, the locale is convenient to shopping, and hotels on the north side of Columbia. Prices are fine for a budget. We order from here around twice per month, just to satisfy our Super Spuds and Nachos craving!

Reviewed 4 August 2016

I've been to a McAllister's Deli before and this location was on the right side of the road as I was going back to my hotel. I'm glad I stopped. Great service. Wonderful sandwiches. Delicious desserts. Convenient to several hotels on the north side of Columbia. Lots of parking. Prices were just right!

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Stopped in tonight before my fencing lesson and got a great pastrami on toasted rye with sauerkraut and melted swiss with deli mustard ! It was very good ! decent deli fare in the South ! I will be back. friendly service and clean bright place. that's what I needed , a simple good meal and a place to hang out for half an hour.