“Off the highway hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia NE Fort Jackson
Ranked #49 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 16 December 2011

First off the beds are too small,I had a king and at 6.2 my feet were hanging off the bed. So I just slept in a fetal position. Second thing is the guy next door to me had his tv blaring pass midnight but a call to the front desk took care of that. The free breakfast was ok, free waffles and cereal,muffins,bagels,orange juice and coffee.i know it's dec 16th but my brother in law told me the pool was green.their is a shoneys right next door and the food was eatable, I didn't get sick. But anyway the room at the hotel was $71.00 very cheap but I would never stay there again.and never will I eat at shoneys again..

Room Tip: They offer aaa discounts
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank rao1
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia NE Fort Jackson

Reviewed 6 November 2011

Love it, they accept pets. Friendly Staff. Hotel was very clean, the room was really nice.

Room Tip: Traveling with pets choose first floor is more easy to walk the pets outside.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We - (My wife & I & our 7-pound Yorkie) - stayed here overnight on our way to Florida. We couldn't have been more pleased! Unlike other chains that accept pets, we were not relegated to a smoking room because of our Yorkie. The lobby was clean & attractive, and the hallways are rather narrow, but the room - (#130) - was the real pleasant surprise. It had obviously been recently renovated, with new furniture, new carpeting, and a new flat-screen TV. The decor was 4-star. The room & bathroom were immaculate! The bed was exceptionally comfortable. The breakfast was typical of most chain motel contnental breakfasts, but the young lady in charge of the breakfast are deserves special mention for her "above & beyond the call of duty" helpfulness & courtesy. The price was substantially less than other chain motels.

Room Tip: First floor room just off the lobby - (#130) - quiet & recently renovated.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BoscoJim
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This motel was not on our top 3 places to stay, but the first one we went to was full of undesirables .. so we went down the list, and came to this one, the night manager Tony was nice..He got us in our room quickly. He assured my husband that the WIFI worked .. well it didn't, hubby spent an hour on the phone with the technican,, no go..we were to give the guy a call in an hour if it didnt work when we got back from dinner, still no wifi.After struggling for an hour with no avail, Tony comes to our room and offers us another room where the routers worked,, this room was even nicer than the one we were in previously.
Breakfast was great..but the day staff needs to be on top of things as they depleat.

Room Tip: Make sure the wireless works before SETTLING in your room
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2011

This hotel was very inexpensive and a good value compared to other similarly-priced hotels in the area. I was pleasantly surprised with the furnishings and condition of the room when we checked in. We stayed here while waiting to close on our house. Centrally located and would be good for those visiting Ft Jackson or the surrounding area. Would definitely recommend to others and I would stay here again myself.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business