All reviews courtyard marriott front desk marriott website checking in southern hospitality breakfast buffet first floor parents weekend minute drive off the highway mini fridge the breakfast area waffles renovation housekeeper usc attendant
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Visiting USC for parents weekend. Hotel is a roughly 15 minute drive from downtown and USC. It is located in a small office park with a few casual restaurants (Sonic, Cracker Barrel, etc.) nearby. Comfortable lobby, good beds, slow internet.

Here's the big negative . . . . . . . Some previous reviews have mentioned bad smell in rooms. Sure enough, as we headed to our room, noticed two dehumidifiers on a cart in the hallway. Upon entering our 2nd floor room, we were immediately hit by a strong musty/mildew smell which seemed to be coming from the AC unit. After one night, couldn't stand it anymore; the front desk allowed me to enter an available 1st floor room, which was just as bad if not worse. Then they offered a 3rd floor room which was better (we moved to that one). Staff acknowledged that this is a problem throughout the hotel. Friendly staff, but I would not stay here again unless there were no other options.

Room Tip: Musty rooms throughout; staff said that 3rd floor is better.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cantfindmyglasses
MartinMayrides, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear cantfindmyglasses,
Thank you for providing me with your invaluable feedback regarding your stay.
We are in the process of resolving humidity issues that have created a musty smell in some of our rooms.
I am sorry that you were placed in rooms that have not yet been corrected.
We are also beginning the scheduling process of the room renovations planned for November of this year.
I thank you for letting me of the problems you encountered, and am glad that we were able to resolve the problem for you.
I do hope we are offered the chance to host you again; in a manner that exceeds your expectations.
If I can be of service, please let me know and I will be sure that it is a better stay than this past one.
Until then and Always, Safe Travels
Martin and Your CY Team

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I love this hotel, the staff are extremely friendly and courteous. Nakia Davis was the best front desk staff ever. She was so willing to help make my stay as comfortable as possible and although I’ve stayed at this hotel several times Nakia Davis always greets me with a smile and goes out of her way to assist. Marriott should really consider promoting her. Thanks Nakia Davis!!!!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
George B, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear London R,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, after your most recent stay in Columbia, SC. We are delighted that you had a positively memorable stay and we hope to have the pleasure of accommodating you again, the next time your travels lead you back to our area!

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Requested a handicapped room when we made the reservation. Checked in through the Marriott app and room was ready, key was waiting at front desk. The staff was welcoming and very friendly. We have stayed here before and definitely will do so again. Location is convenient if we need to be downtown.

Room Tip: Handicapped room was right off of the lobby.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience by completing a review of our hotel, after your most recent stay in Columbia, SC! We are delighted to receive your feedback and are so very grateful for your recognition of our staff. It is our truly pleasure to serve you! We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again, the next time your travels lead you back to our area!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I was treated with the most courtesy. I experienced some difficulties in my travel plan and the employees there smoothed everything out for me in no time. Demitrius Rhodes, Naka Davis, and Carolyn Davis were exemplary in handling my needs. This hotel is an oasis along the interstate. Large clean, comfortable rooms, in-house restaurant and full bar.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Everyone was so friendly during our stay. We were evacuating from Florida due to Hurricane Irma. The front desk staff, the breakfast café, the housekeepers....all were so nice and helpful. Huge high five to all of the for making our stay wonderful in such a stressful time for us.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family