All reviews courtyard marriott bistro staff front desk marriott website southern hospitality hilton head great customer service long drive business trip the staff was great checking out off the highway enjoyed my stay south carolina fort jackson cooper melanie
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Thanks to Nakia Davis for such a warm and welcoming greeting which started the stay off to a great experience in a new location. Nakia was extremely welcoming, polite and conducted herself in a very professional manner. In my 28 years in the Army, I truly appreciate her professional demeanor towards every occupant that stayed at this location...It's people like her that will make me come back and refer future travelers to stay...Thanks

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dalvzs
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The rooms are very old. I checked into one room and it had a dehumidifier running, why would they put anyone in this room. Second room smelt awful and just plainly disappointed. Will not stay at another!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We stopped here on our way South to Florida for 1 night and had a Great stay! We were greeted and promptly checked in with no problems. Our room was on the 3rd floor and was perfect. Roomy, clean and overall no problems. They were clean, cool, bedding was fresh and fluffy! The bathroom was roomy with plenty of hot water. The hotel overall was well kept and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We are currently staying at this hotel. We have numerous rooms in our party so difficult to switch hotels. If we were alone we would have left last night. Woke up last night to 3 HUGE cockroaches in our room. Called the front desk they offered to move us but I have no confidence that the new room would be any better. We asked them to spray the room but nothing. This morning asked to speak with the manager and nope manager isn't in until noon. Manager never tried to contact us. Room is damp. See photo of mold. Don't stay here!!!!!!!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank K4719HCpatriciab
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

one night stay enroute to Florida. Approximately $180 for the night..... not cheap. Upon entry, the desk clerk was very nice and the lobby/bistro area was inviting. I have never seen a Marriott that had a pay bistro/bar in it. We found out later by experience that this isn't a good idea. I'll expand on this later. So, we were given a room on the 2nd floor which had a balcony over looking the pool. This might seem petty but the balcony doors looked like someone held spitting contests and never bothered to clean it up! No exaggeration! The room was big. The beds were made nice and crisp. The desk and refrigerator area was clean and tidy. The obvious initial problem was a vey big odor throughout the room. After some sniffing investigation I discovered it was the air conditioner and boy did it stink. I was grateful to have packed away some benadryl and prednisone. I have asthma and it literally took my breath away. My spouse pointed out how dirty the rugs were too. After a quick shower in the aging but adequate bathroom we went down to the bistro. I ordered a burger and my spouse ordered a chicken sandwich. My burger was actually very good while her chicken was very spongy and didn't resemble chicken at all! I'm fairly certain these things were nuked. Prices were pretty steep too. Upon checkout there was another friendly desk clerk to greet us. She said they don't have a free breakfast like other Marriotts we've been too. So there you have it. Sorry so lengthy but this one needed explaining.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
MartinMayrides, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear travelbound1960,
I want to share my gratitude for providing me with the feedback regarding your experience while at the hotel.
While I am ecstatic to know you found the greeting at the desk and the cleanliness of the room adequate for the most part, I am disappointed that the room smell and the balcony doors were not addressed prior to your arrival.
I will address this directly with my inspectors, housekeeping staff, and chief engineer to resolve immediately.
I will also discuss the quality of the food with the chef to assure we are providing only the best offerings at the Bistro for our guests.
I do apologize for not meeting your expectations; and I am thankful that you brought these issues to my attention. Only when I am informed of problems can I fully address and resolve them for future guests.
Safe Travels Always!