All reviewsyork streetbed and breakfastfront porcheggs benedict for breakfastprivate bathroomstate parkrooms are greatcommon areassouthern plantationfirst morningrock hilla wonderful stayhemingway roomnoel cowardcharlottescwhistles
Reviewed 28 April 2017

We enjoyed two wonderful days and nights celebrating my wife's birthday. Every aspect of our time at An Inn on York Street was exceptional. The Inn is spacious, well maintained, and furnished with beautiful antiques and period pieces. We enjoyed two great breakfasts to begin our days and had tea and coffee available to us throughout our stay. Our hostess Sandie did a wonderful job of welcoming us and attending to our needs - she's also a great conversationalist and simply fun to be around!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the Ernest Hemingway Suite
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Sandie W, Owner at An Inn on York Street, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you for your kind review! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Inn. It's a pleasure to host you, and I will look forward to seeing you when you return in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

We just returned home from a relaxing two night getaway at An Inn on York Street in Chester, SC. The Inn is a truly beautiful house...a true historic Southern plantation house elegantly restored by the owners. The house is so wonderful you cannot help but feel relaxed and pampered. All the rooms are great. We stayed in the Noel Coward due to our preference for a walk-in shower. We enjoyed the common areas, especially the relaxing front porch and reading in the parlor. The pool had just been opened and was too cold for swimming, but resting by the pool was nice. There is a balcony on the front of the house which we visited also. The views include a huge front yard with trees and an abundance of birds. The street is so far away and traffic so minimal that any street noise is not noticed.

While this house is historic, all bathroom fixtures are modern and the house has modern air conditioning and heat.

After a delicious hearty breakfast prepared by Innkeeper Sandie, we pretty much skipped lunch! Sandie is full of personality and hospitality! We really enjoyed visiting with her and did feel quite at home. We felt like we left friends in Chester.

The town of Chester is also quite historic in nature, very clean and quiet. The people we met were extremely friendly. Everyone waves and smiles at you. It is a nice walk down York Street to the town center, around the central streets and back to the Inn. Homes lining York Street are huge, beautiful old "mansions" meticulously well kept. Most businesses have moved from downtown to the "bypass", but the buildings are well preserved and just waiting for the next renaissance of Chester. The architecture is well worth seeing. And don't miss the amazing to quirky antiques at Hall's Lumberyard! The old fashioned hardware store is worth a visit as well. There are a couple of great museums, but with limited hours.

We had two other very enjoyable outings while there. We drove a whole 2 miles to Chester State Park and hiked (walked) around the scenic lake to the dam. It is a great nature walk, about 2 miles total out and back. We saw ducks, turtles, birds, and deer tracks. There is a huge evidence of beavers gnawing on trees. Wildflowers were just beginning to peek out. Cleanest state park I have ever seen! If you are up to it you can rent a row boat or canoe, and fish.

Only 15 minutes from the Inn is the amazing historic Revolutionary village of Battensville. We stopped there and spent about 3 happy hours wandering around the old houses and learning about the fascinating history of the place. This is a hidden gem! Folks in period costume worked around he village and were happy to talk with you and answer questions.

We would highly recommend An Inn on York Street and Chester, S.C.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. You can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Inn, and so glad to hear that you were able to make so much of your time here, and explore all the local sights on offer. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Wife and I have been there more than once, more than twice and maybe this upcoming March will be the 4th time. Great getaway in a wonderful old BB that is immaculate and filled with treasures from Sandie, a wonderful lady and hostess with a knack for great breakfasts and an aim to please you. It is like we are staying with Aunt Sandie, after all our visits there. Plenty of things to do in the area and you always have Charlotte for a big city adventure with everything that is there. Rooms are beautiful, pool in summer is perfect. My title says it all--the more I stay the more I like it and more is better.

Room Tip: Cannot go wrong on all rooms. Speak to Sandie for assistance
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind review! I will look forward to seeing you again for another stay with Auntie Sandie soon!

Reviewed 29 December 2016

This was out 3rd trip to the Inn. It was just as lovely as the first two. The breakfast is absolutely divine! Sandie is a great hostess and very accommodating to my husband's picky eating tastes. We love staying there!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely review! I enjoyed having you both here, and welcome you back anytime. I am always happy to accommodate your husband's dietary needs. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

Scrumptious breakfast, darling hosts, beautiful rooms, & don't miss out on the pool at night! We felt right at home here on our anniversary trip. It's historically charming while completely modern and convenient. Love this place. We will certainly come back if we're ever in the area.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Sandie W, Owner at An Inn on York Street, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2016

Thank you for your lovely review! I was glad to be able to welcome you for your anniversary trip, and I am so happy to hear you loved your stay at the Inn. I will look forward to welcoming you back again sometime!