“Worst place in Charleston!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #60 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 7 June 2009

This was the worst place I ever stayed at. They don't change the sheets. Was there 3 days...never changed our sheets. The sheets had a tear in them also. I saw the maid's cart and she only had ONE set of clean sheets for the whole hotel. The tub stayed stopped up and smelled like raw sewage. We asked for an extra pillow because the 2 we had were flat as could be but they had NO pillows any of the days to spare. There was NO iron, NO hairdryer, and the free breakfast was a honey bun or Fruit Loops with very weak coffee and Tang. The staff was rude. There were fights across the lot each night and yelling all night long from hoodlums. It was cheap but still way too expensive for a stay like that! I am very dissatisfied. We notified the staff and they acted like it was the 1st time hearing of the the plumbing problems, however they NEVER offered to change our room or fix the problem. Plus the room had a musky/mildew odor that was unbearable!! I used an entire can of air freshener to last the 3 days

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mjcpas
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 15 May 2009

I read the other reviews for this hotel on the site. Actually, I read them AFTER I had booked here so I was a little worried. But, it was about the only hotel around Charleston that was in my price range, so I thought I could tough it out. Most of the reviews on this hotel are pretty old in the scheme of things, so perhaps the owner of this hotel got his act together or maybe it is under new management because I only have one complaint. I am a smoker. This trip was made with a group of non-smokers. I didn't request a smoking room, but I didn't specify one way or the other, so that was MY fault. When we entered the room, there was a stale smell like the room hadn't been occupied in a while (I don't know when the busy season is for Charleston...maybe it hadn't started yet?) and there was an underlying hint of cigarette smoke, which was to be expected. I mean, if you walk into a smoking room and expect it to smell like a spring meadow, I don't know what to tell you. One of the aforementioned family members went to Wal-Mart, bought a $2 can of Oust! and the problem was solved. No big deal. I didn't pick up a funky smell on my belongings, there were NO BED BUGS, nothing that looked like urine stains in the bathroom, no sloshingly wet carpet and the air-conditioner worked. The bed clothes were clean and so was the bathroom. It's about what you would expect for the price. Nothing better, nothing less. But better than a lot of these reviewers would lead you to believe.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank redhairedgirly
Reviewed 17 October 2008

It is nice property, worth the cost of room. Bed was clean. Service was good. I needed salt and the reception helped me with salt from their own groceries. Although, bathtub had cracks and there were few other visible damage in the room, but good for a overnight stay. The low price also pays for morning breakfast, which is not much, but bagel, Muffin, Pie, Juice and coffee are good to get you on road faster in morning then stopping on the way into a restaurent.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank char1234567
Reviewed 19 April 2007

We checked into this motel and when we walked into our room the floor was nasty. We had just recently seen the show on ABC (one of the majors) about bedbug outbreaks so we started looking the room over. We found some questionable areas but nothing that led us to believe we should pack up the kids and leave late at night and try to find another motel.
BOY I WISH WE HAD!!!
They don't seem to be infested with bedbugs at this point but we are 100% confident that we brought them home from this motel.
We sprayed the beds with the outdoor bug spray that we had. We still weren't really informed about bedbugs at this point except knowing that they were starting to show up again.
I think the bugspray helped keep them from eating on us all night but we bring our own pillows and typically lay our clothes and luggage on bed and we believe that is how we took them home.

Just please stay away--this is a total nightmare to try and get completely rid of these bedbugs. I think we are going to have to get professional company to come in to do it. And it's very traumatizing once you realize that you have them. Please buy bedbug spray and always travel with it.
We ended up buying a camper for our trips b/c we are so traumatized by the bedbug incident and do not want to stay in any hotels/motels.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank shaloNc
Reviewed 15 April 2007

Floors are extremely dirty. There was urine looking stuff on my toilet seat. I refused to shower or sleep there. I kept the room because the military paid for it. My Bath & Body Works room spray was no match for the STENCH that was in the room. The microwave was missing the glass plate and was FILTHY. The microwave was making a noise. I unplugged it. I pushed on the door to make sure it was closed. It seemed like it would be easy to push in.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank safire01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charleston
2.9 km away
Best Western Charleston Inn
#24 of 61 in Charleston
6.1 km away
WoodSpring Suites North Charleston

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!