“Roses are red. Violets are blue. SUGAR IS SWEET! and...”
Review of Sugar Bakeshop

Sugar Bakeshop
Ranked #4 of 18 Bakeries in Charleston
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 14 May 2012

SUGAR bakeshop is indeed a sweet, small, cupcake shop. But, there is nothing slight about the outstanding, tastefully elegant and delicious cupcakes which my husband and I enjoyed on Mother's Day. We drove by the bakeshop on Cannon Street by chance. It looked like the perfect place to purchase a dessert for Mother's Day. Our cupcakes were boxed carefully for eating the following day.
I had the carmel, yellow cake with pecans on top. My husband ordered the chocolate truffle cake. YUMMY! The BEST cupcakes we have ever tasted! Light... moist... rich... flavorful... delicious. The cost is $3.00 per cupcake. High priced > but worth every crumb. This would make an elegant dessert for any dinner party.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

We had read other reviews on various websites and had this bakeshop as our must go to place while in Charleston. So glad we gave this place a try. It was right before closing when we visited the shop, and unfortunately they were out of the cookies and many other flavors. We were very happy with our selections though, peanut butter and lemon cupcakes. DELICIOUS !! Will definitely be back when visiting Charleston again.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Wish we'd gone on our first day, not our last because we probably would have gone everyday!! Wonderful service. Cupcakes are to die for, as were the cookies. I will definitely be returning for more cupcakes!!

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I have never had anything bad here, everything is always delicious. I love the different favors and local ingredients. The cakes are expensive, but worth every penny. This is a must stop or me every time I'm in Charleston.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Always friendly with plenty of choices in an out of the way
part of a charming neighborhood with loads of character