“Technology aside, a great place to stay!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Have a wonderful stay!
Welcome to our home!
First floor master with antique maple bed set
First floor master bath with tub/shower AND standup shower combo
Lots of light in front bedroom
Open stair case to upper bedrooms
Futon bed in exercise/reading room that leads into large back bedroom -- deck access here too
King bed in huge upper back bedroom with lake view from both windows
Lots of light
Upper king room views
Huge upper deck with views
Open upper floor
Entry to second upper bedroom
Single platform bed in upper front bedroom
Lots of light and deck access as well
Full bath for upper floor
Open staircase to downstairs
Huge great room with two full sofas, two sliders and lots of lake views
50' flat screen but the views are better
Big room and lots of space
Gas fireplace and wet bar with sitting area in great room
Green and water
Lake view and fenced back yard
Breakfast nook in kitchen
Formal dining room with french doors to rear deck
French doors lead to rear deck
Kayaks for use at your own risk :-)
View from back yard
View from lake dock
Front deck and top deck
Lake dock
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ellgee201...
Jacksonville, Florida
“Technology aside, a great place to stay!!”
Reviewed 4 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

I will preface this review by saying that I, as a renter, did not do my due diligence prior to booking this site. I did not pay attention to the fact that it DOES state in the rental description that there is no Wi-Fi or cable TV available. As a Mom, I have no issue with forcing the kids to 'unplug' for a few days, because the point of our trip was to get away from the daily grind. However, as a college basketball fan, the timing was disastrous, as we could not watch all of the NCAA tourney early round games because only one of the four TV stations was available. Did this stop us from walking across the street to a sports pub and watching the other games? No, it did not. Would I book this property again? Absolutely....just not during March Madness.

The house is situated on a great little private lake with access by kayak, which our kids took advantage of every day. No shortage of beautiful waterfowl, fish and turtles on and in the water. Proximity to a grocery store (Harris Teeter) is literally across the street, walking distance, which includes a Starbucks and RedBox. Proximity to downtown Charleston is within 10 minutes, the only traffic snags being road construction in that area, but we were able to move through this with minimal inconvenience each day. The HVAC went out on the lower level of the house while we were there, but there was a space heater and fireplace available which was more than enough to combat the evening chill. The kitchen is nicely equipped, the beds were comfortable, and the house has a washer/dryer which was a great luxury to have available.

I would definitely recommend this property to families or couples looking for a quiet getaway but still within reach of all of the activities and attractions Charleston has to offer. The neighborhood is very nice, the neighbors are quite friendly, and there is certainly no shortage of great food and activities to enjoy during your stay.

Laura F
Manassas
“Did the job!”
Reviewed 30 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Location is great, nice neighborhood, easy walk to grocery store, spacious, clean, kitchen was well equipped. On the down side, it was an old house, carpet in the bedrooms and part of the master bath, and poor television viewing (no cable). All together I would stay again.

Management Response
4 Feb 2017
Dear Future Guests:
This is my home so I take reviews very personally. As such, I must address this guest's concerns.
We too were just at the house a few weeks ago. We put in new linens, fixtures and other improvements. We put in a new kitchen floor.
Yes, there in carpet in the bedrooms as shown in the photos and description of the home. It is not a new home, but follows the historic architecture of the downtown --which is what draws visitors back to this beautiful city. The house has a style and character which I personally love, but also offers all the modern conveniences.
As for the television, well, very few people come to this historic city to watch cable and that I have an antenna with about 10 channels is also made clear in my listing.
I hope that if you choose to stay, you will find a well maintained and beloved home cared for by my family, and enjoy it as well as the beautiful sights and sounds around you.
Thank you and welcome!
Mary T
“Mrs”
Reviewed 23 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Loved being on the lake. House had plenty of room and the owner was really available to answer our questions.

Rita G
Augusta, Georgia, United States
“Great location to downtown Charleston!”
Reviewed 8 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

The location of the house is very convenient to downtown Charleston. It is very easy to find and convenient to Harris Teeter grocery store that has a deli and a Starbucks. The store is within walking distance of the house.

The house has a Kurig type coffee maker as well and a regular drip style coffee maker. There is a microwave stove, oven and fridge. The house was very clean and the beds were very comfortable.

Marry, the owner was very responsive with each message I sent so we knew exactly what to expect of our stay. If you are planning a vacation in the Charleston area, this house is very worth looking in to. The neighborhood is very quiet and the pond behind the house is lovely.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and convenience
Liked least: condition of the yard
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Cassiekc
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 2 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Perfect location. Quiet neighborhood. Grocery store close. Wonderful place to stay with my parents and my two young children.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing