“Amazing!”

Ranked #6 of 938 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Freshest of everything! We started with the sampler of oysters, littlenecks, and shrimp. The clams and oysters were like they were just raked, and the shrimp were huge, cooked and chilled to perfection. We shared the ahi poke appetizer, again fresh as could be, seasoned to perfection, and served with freshly cooked tortilla chips. We finished with a fish taco - swordfish was the fish of the day - and a shrimp taco. We each ate half of one then swapped. Again, perfectly fresh, perfectly seasoned and prepared, and delightful! The place is tiny, and we arrived before the after work crowd, so while we didn't have a wait, there were others waiting when we left. Friendly staff, would recommend without hesitation, and we'll go again on our next visit!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 16 October 2017

My wife and I were looking for a place for lunch and to get out of the rain one afternoon in Charleston, when we stumbled upon 167 Raw. We read reviews about how great their seafood is and everyone was correct. The restaurant is very small with about 15 counter spaces and a few high top tables. We were told we had a 30 minute wait, but the waiter said he would bring drinks out to us as we waited. Once inside, the menu consisted of a raw bar, tacos, crudos, sandwiches and po boys. There is also a beer and wine bar. We both selected the scallop po boy and they were the best we ever had. The scallops were not fried, but rather sauteed in an exceptional sauce on a buttered roll. We washed them done with white wine and a great local beer. The portions were generous and the seafood as fresh I have ever had. 167 Raw is tiny, casual and has great seafood. Definitely give it a try.

1  Thank arubaphil
Reviewed 16 October 2017

If you are really into a raw bar I would recommend this place. It is really tiny and really overpriced for the amount of food you get. We ordered ceviche and it was good, but not worth the price.

1  Thank BubblesDuck
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I just had lunch at this cozy place, slightly off the beaten path. We waited about an hour, but it was worth it.

We had a dozen oysters to start, and they were perfectly shucked and delicious. Next we split the tuna burger and the shrimp po-boy. The burger was very good, but I would have had two (or more) of the po-boys. It was a flavor explosion of crispy local shrimp on a crunchy buttered New England style role with the perfect amount of spice. It was honestly one of the best po-boys I've ever had.

167 raw is the real deal and I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Brianharps
Reviewed 14 October 2017

First off this is a small restaurant, I saw photos of them having an outdoor area but we got there late at night and didn't see one. By small I don't think there is enough seating but for 20 people. The menu is small and simple, nothing overly complicated and clean seafood. After going over the menu and talking to the staff we both ended up getting the fried scallop po boy. The scallop po boy is something that we aren't accustom to, so when in Rome as they say. Their po boy was a little different than what I am used to, they serve theirs on a buttery lobster roll. Then they lightly fried the scallops and served it with a creamy sriracha sauce and then brown butter as well. There was so much butter on this thing I could squeeze the bun and watch it come out. It was a very good po boy for sure and the pickles served on the side were dynamite. We then had their key lime pie which by far was the best I have ever had. I liked how it wasn't the usual taller custard like you see at most places. They also have a great selection of beer and wine.

1  Thank BenH989