“Best. Biscuits. Ever!”

Callie's Hot Little Biscuit
Ranked #12 of 104 Quick Bites in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Description: Small grab & go eateries, Callie's Hot Little Biscuit serves a variety of piping hot award winning biscuits, pimento cheese sandwiches, and a range of other delicious and locally inspired breakfast, lunch, and late night treats. Pop in and grab a signature biscuit bowl filled with slow cooked grits and a french press coffee, shop our shelves filled with favorite pantry must-haves, or stock up on our full range of frozen and refrigerated Callie's Hot Little Biscuit products.
Reviewed 11 April 2021

You can't miss this little gem due to the number of people lining the streets waiting to order or waiting for their orders. Well worth the wait!!! Beautiful, buttery biscuits made fresh. The only drawback is there is no outdoor eating area where you can sit and enjoy the biscuits and the scenery. You have to take your biscuits and go.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank acleve04
Carrie Morey, Owner at Callie's Hot Little Biscuit, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2021

Whoop Whoop Acleve04!!! I am so happy you loved our yummy biscuits!! They are delish! And yes, sadly our sweet little shop is only 6ft wide and we are not allowed (by the city) to put seats outside. But Acleve04, please know how much we appreciate you and we look forward to serving you again soon. Have a fabulous day and thank you for the wonderful review.

Write a reviewReviews (932)

Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

I read reviews and thought this was the place for breakfast. Ugh. The biscuits were incredibly dry.....You had to choke them down. Long lines, long waits. Not worth it. I can make better biscuits at home with absolutely any recipe I pull off the internet. Why the positive review I will never know.

4  Thank tlh02
Carrie Morey, Owner at Callie's Hot Little Biscuit, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2021

Hi tlh02, I am sorry you didn't love our biscuits and this is not the 5 star experience we want you to have at Callie's HLB. We hope you come back and give us a second chance to give you a proper wow experience that you deserve. I would love to give you a gift card. Would you please email me at annalyle@calliesbiscuits.com? I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 30 March 2021

We got a 6-pack of the mini-biscuits; our favorite savory was the one with country ham, and our favorite sweet was the one with blackberry jam. There didn't seem to be that much difference between the cheddar and the cheese & chive. Tasty, and just the right size!

1  Thank JoshB2218

Thank you Josh! We are very grateful you choose Callie's HLB, you are appreciated. Thank you for the 5 stars and we look forward to your next visit. Btw, the country ham is my favorite too! Delicious!

Reviewed 22 March 2021

My Family and I read on on several blogs about Charleston that the Hot Little Biscuit was something we could not miss. We only ordered two 3 for $6 mix and match biscuits and waited in line for twenty minutes. After ordering we waited outside for another 50 minutes! The it was freezing outside and the wind was blowing very hard. When we finally got our biscuits, the biscuits in one of the two boxes were very crumbled. It was NOT worth the wait, and we do not recommend going there. I think the main problem was that they were seriously understaffed.

Date of visit: March 2021

Maggie, I am very sorry for your experience as well as your wait time. This is not the service we want to provide and for that I apologize. Would you please contact me at Annalyle@calliesbiscuits.com? I look forward to hearing from you and righting a wrong.

Reviewed 16 March 2021

My wife and I had watched YouTube videos on places to eat in Charleston and Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit came up time and again so we put it on our list. Well, we were sorely disappointed. We arrived and stood in line for over 40 minutes and I ordered a biscuit with sausage gravy, with a topping of country ham chips ($9.20), and she ordered a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit ($7.95). My wife’s biscuit was old and she had two small pieces of bacon and the egg tasted as if it was rewarmed. My biscuit was ok and there was plenty of sausage, but the only gravy was that thin coating which happened to adhere to the sausage pieces. To top it off, or rather not, they had forgotten the country ham chips. It was very, very disappointing. We would have said something then but we had already left and were on the other side of town. Perhaps it was a fluke but we will not find out.

Date of visit: March 2021

Anthony, I would like to apologize for your experience as well as your missing ham. I would love to send you a gift card for your inconvenience. Would you please contact me at annalyle@calliesbiscuits.com? I look forward to hearing from you and again I apologize.