“Amazing Mt. Pleasant Home!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Brian P
San Clemente, California
“Amazing Mt. Pleasant Home!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

My entire family of 10 adults and 2 children came to Charleston for the wedding of my cousin, and we wanted to be near downtown to see Charleston, but close to the wedding ceremony and the rest of the group. We were lucky to find this house in this perfect location. Since my family came in from all over the country, we wanted to stay together and his was our first time renting a house...and we hit the jackpot! The pictures dont do this justice. It is every bit as nice as the photos. My parents took the big master and loved the deck with their coffee. My sister stayed in the other huge "family master" across the hall, and that was good for all of us...so she could deal with her kids in her own area. My other sisters and I ( and spouses ) each took a regular bedroom. The house was totally clea- spotless. Everyone said they slept fine so I guess every bed was comfortable. We loved that there was a TV in each room for privacy. The house is "family friendly". Sturdy furniture and all nice. The only thing was the beautifl carpet in the smaller bedrooms and the kids...but we put them in the room that had wood floors and kept them away from carpet. We spent a lot of time on the screened porch = favorite spot. We all had plenty of space. Owners checked us in and showed us the house so we knew how to reach them in case of problem ( we didnt need them). Obviously, this whole house has been redone because everything worked perfectly, and everything is very very nice and fresh. Owners have good taste and it was like an expensive resort with a pool. Everything we needed was in the house, or nearby,- Whole Foods and Trader Joes - and if we needed to choose again we would absolutely pick this house again, and we would tell anyone to stay here. I did use the creeks and docks and kayaked, and I even saw Dolphins, so this was a fantastic experience. I hate to let the secret out, but this is a great place to stay. Thank you, Laurie and George, for renting this to us. We hope to see you again if we return to Charleston, and we do recommend your rental. I know this is a new rental for you so Good luck!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Robert B
Huntsville, Alabama
“Absolutley beautiful home that I can't wait to visit again!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

This is a great vacation rental home! A few friends and I decided to visit Charleston for a short weekend vacation and we found this fantastic place. The house is absolutely gorgeous, huge and perfect for large vacationing families.

Right when we got there we knew we had picked the perfect place. The front porch is beautiful and invites you to sit and enjoy the weather. We walked in and were amazed at how big the house really is on the inside. The house was clean and well organized with everything you would want from a vacation home; the pictures don't do it justice.

It has a good sized living room with a large dining room table and spacious kitchen just off to the side. There are multiple bedrooms with a TV in each room and the beds are so comfortable! There are multiple bathrooms throughout the house for everyone to use. The front porch is pretty large and very nice to lounge on but it doesn't compare to the back porch! Right when you walk out of the back of the house you are greeted by a lovely screened in area with plenty of seating. Once you step outside the screened in area there is seating to the right and left and just a few short steps down in a large fenced in (privacy!) back yard is a very enjoyable swimming pool.

We didn't want to leave the house but since we drove all the way to Charleston we figured we might as well go enjoy the city. Since the house is located just over the bridge it isn't very hard to get wherever you want to go. Mt. Pleasant is a lovely area with lots of great restaurants, shops, boating adventures, etc. but the real fun is located just over the water in Charleston. Whether you are driving or taking a cab, Charleston is a short 15 minute drive away with so much to do you'll have to come back to experience it all.

In fact, while we were at the house I had to text a friend to let them know that this needed to be the next place we vacationed. I've stayed in several vacation homes/condos and I can tell you this was the nicest I've been in yet. I can't wait to come back and visit the Charleston/Mt Pleasant area and this house is where I'll be staying.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beds were so comfortable! I didn't want to get out of mine. The screened in back porch was amazing.
Liked least: Honestly, there wasn't anything to dislike about the property.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
29 Apr 2014
I was certainly aware that you really liked the house...especially when you called me to say that you would like to return and that you would write a "glowing" review. Well...wow! Thank you. You pointed out so many of my personal favorite features of the house. I love the screened-in porch...and the 2 outdoor dinner tables...perfect for a quiet night with a ceiling fan overlooking the yard. I wonder if anyone will use the dining room inside during nice weather. We wanted to make sure to have seating everywhere for big mult-generational groups. It is really amazing to me that the house looks like a quaint low key cottage from the front outside, yet once stepping in the door, it opens to over 2400 sq ft of space, focusing on the large back yard, pool, screened porch, and decks. I certainly hope to see you back again, as we do get a lot of repeat renters from wedding groups, and so many people are viewing Charleston as a destination location these days. Again, thank you. We appreciate that you took personal time to submit a review.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing