Two Sisters Historic Walking Tours
Review Highlights
True Charlestonian Tour

If you are looking for a tour led by a true Charlestonian, you need to take this tour. Mary Helen... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
BethHegwer
via mobile
Delightful Tour

Astounding Therese could remember all our names and where we were from. Long time resident has... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Jamm354
Wallingford, Connecticut

Recommended experiences in and around Charleston
from USD 23.00
from USD 20.00
from USD 25.00
from USD 68.00
1,394 results
All reviews mary helen everyone's names great tour childhood home seventh generation southern lady historic charleston washington park beautiful city walking tour of charleston highly recommend this tour high energy two hours she loves southern charm personal anecdotes grew up
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Mary Helen made our first day a very special introduction to the city of Charleston, and for that we thank her profusely. I promise you, you will not be disappointed, as she knows the city like the back of her hand and intersperses the tour with a lot of fun things as well. I would go again just to hear her talk and to make myself an even bigger fan of the city. Thank you so much and our very best to you for this coming Saturday for your daughter's wedding! Laurie and Ren (Wisconsin and New York)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The sisters who lead the tours are 7th generation Carolinians. They each lead a tour and you are assigned to one of the two groups. You are informed when you arrive.

We met in a park and headed out. Each step of the tour was explained with history, tidbits of interesting information about the architecture, restoration, preservation, people and tales. You will not be disappointed. The 2 1/4 hour tour was perfect and went very quickly.

I will go on this tour again on my next visit to Charleston.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

If a city I visit has a walking tour and/or ghost tour I will always try to fit it in to my schedule, both for exercise and fun. Eating breakfast a local couple recommended this one to me and I'm so glad I listened to them. You could tell Therese enjoyed sharing history with people and lived in Charleston and wasn't just going by a tour guide 'script.' I've already recommended this tour to my friends who may visit in the future and are looking for something to do there. If I go back with friends who haven't been through it I'll willingly accompany them to refresh my memory and for the pure enjoyment.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We were so glad we picked this tour. Mary Helen was the BEST. She was so knowledgeable and witty. It amazed me how she remembered everyone's name in our large group. She was a wealth of information when it came to Charleston. I would highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank lovetovacation2016
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Mary Helen was amazing!! Great attitude and personality as well as very informative. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Charleston....especially if it is a first visit.