“Fun and Informative”

Two Sisters Historic Walking Tours
Ranked #1 of 238 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience the charm of Charleston in a two hour walking tour with genuine local flavor. Join native Charlestonian sisters Mary Helen Dantzler and Therese Smythe, whose family dates from 1793, as you stroll through Charleston's most beautiful streets and scenic alleyways.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I took the tour with Two Sisters. They bring a tremendous amount of local knowledge combined with a great sense of humor and hospitality. This is great way to get an overview of Charleston. As such, I would recommend that you make this one of the first things that you do in Charleston ... giving you a solid foundation to enjoy the rest of your visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,342)
All reviews
"beautiful city"
in 66 reviews
"washington park"
in 16 reviews
"walking tour of charleston"
in 47 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 59 reviews
in 14 reviews
"personal anecdotes"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Mary Helen made our first day a very special introduction to the city of Charleston, and for that we thank her profusely. I promise you, you will not be disappointed, as she knows the city like the back of her hand and intersperses the tour with a lot of fun things as well. I would go again just to hear her talk and to make myself an even bigger fan of the city. Thank you so much and our very best to you for this coming Saturday for your daughter's wedding! Laurie and Ren (Wisconsin and New York)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The sisters who lead the tours are 7th generation Carolinians. They each lead a tour and you are assigned to one of the two groups. You are informed when you arrive.

We met in a park and headed out. Each step of the tour was explained with history, tidbits of interesting information about the architecture, restoration, preservation, people and tales. You will not be disappointed. The 2 1/4 hour tour was perfect and went very quickly.

I will go on this tour again on my next visit to Charleston.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

If a city I visit has a walking tour and/or ghost tour I will always try to fit it in to my schedule, both for exercise and fun. Eating breakfast a local couple recommended this one to me and I'm so glad I listened to them. You could tell Therese enjoyed sharing history with people and lived in Charleston and wasn't just going by a tour guide 'script.' I've already recommended this tour to my friends who may visit in the future and are looking for something to do there. If I go back with friends who haven't been through it I'll willingly accompany them to refresh my memory and for the pure enjoyment.