“Fantastic dining experience ”
Review of Blossom

Blossom
Ranked #82 of 992 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Located between Queen & Cumberland Streets
Description: Blossom, located on historic East Bay Street in downtown Charleston, S.C serves American cuisine highlighting the Lowcountry’s best seafood. Executive chef Adam Close and his team offer simple, clean dishes, featuring local, seasonal ingredients sourced from area fishermen and farmers, such as Jumbo Lump Crab Tostadas with corn relish, avocado mousse, and sweet chili sauce; Seared Scallops with bacon & fingerling potato ragout, garlic spinach, and brown butter vinaigrette; and pan roasted Mahi Mahi with rock shrimp, creamy rice pirloo, and tomato butter. Open for lunch on Monday through Saturday, dinner nightly, and Sunday brunch, Blossom also offers seating on its charming patio.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I visited Charleston over spring break. The menu had an abundance of seafood. Everything was very fresh. We had oysters and they were exceptional. The oysters from PEI were the best. I was fortunate that the special was swordfish. I had the swordfish blackened and it was perfect. My son had broiled shrimp and loved it. My daughter hit the point of vacation that she was tired of seafood and she ordered the fried chicken and said it was really good. For dessert my son had creme brûlée and my husband had red velvet bread pudding which he really enjoyed. They have a great oyster bar. The ambiance was great. I really appreciated that even though it was very busy it was not overly loud. Great dining experience!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,668)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had reservations and were promptly seated and because it was our anniversary, they gave us a flute of complimentary champagne. We had oysters and clams and some great mahi and salmon, done perfectly! Too full for dessert but it sounded great as well! Very nice interior, very comfortable. A great restaurant that is not at all pretentious!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Everything we had was great. My bellini was delicious. I had the salmon, my boyfriend had the shrimp and grits, and we both ate every bite. Praline cake for dessert was excellent. Even the bread and butter was good. Enjoyed sitting out on the patio in the nice weather. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Definitely one of the best meals I've had in my life, and I eat a lot. Can't beat the Charleston food scene. The service was wonderful, we met some lovely women that have been coming to this restaurant for 20 years and love it. Highly recommend the fried green tomatoes for an app and the scallops as a main course (lobster butter.... a miraculous experience).

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Had the low country boil. It was a tad on the spicy side, the sausage was way hotter than it needed to be. but the corn was good, shrimp was good but would have liked a few more. The potatoes were actually fries which was odd. House cabernet was ok. I’d opt for another brand next time. Service was superb. Dessert I had a praline cake with brown sugar ice cream that was fantastic!