“Very good burgers”
Review of The Sloppy cow - CLOSED

The Sloppy cow
Description: The Sloppy Cow is a great neighborhood burger joint on James Island serving “legendary” stuffed hamburgers. While handcrafted burgers are our specialty, our soups, salads, and huge sandwiches are superb. We have craft beer on tap, a nice wine list, and the coldest bottles in town. We invite you to come to the Sloppy Cow and learn why we believe “it’s what’s on the inside that counts.”
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Its A small establishment but has very good burgers at a reasonable price. One of my new favorite places to grab a bite to eat.

Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

I was so excited for a stuffed burger, but upon receiving the menu, burgers can only be cooked medium and can "try" to cook them medium well. So if you're a well done kinda girl this burger is not for you. My friends, who like medium burgers, loved it here saying it was juicy and tasty. I had the smoked chicken sandwich which was pretty tasty as well. All the sides are delicious. Place is clean and well kept. Service is a little slow but nothing too bad. As long as you're not picky about the red or pink in your burger you will enjoy this place

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We decided to stop in for my husband's birthday lunch. We were seated immediately but then left alone. The waitress finally came by to take our drink order and I asked if they had Sweet and Low. She said yes so I ordered unsweetened tea. She brought the tea and a very sticky container of sugar packets, Equal, and Splenda. Those are not Sweet and Low. The table was also sticky feeling.

We were left alone again. I was about ready to walk out when she came back to take our order. I ordered the "Cow Patty" described as —"homemade black bean patty stuffed with garlic, jack cheese, and jalapeño topped with corn relish and cilantro lime sauce". There was no cilantro lime sauce that I could taste. The cheese was similar to feta in texture but without any discernable cheese flavor. As a side I ordered "baby shell pasta tossed with fresh basil, parmesan cheese, chopped tomato, and lemon garlic dressing". There was no lemon flavor but it was good nonetheless.

My husband ordered the special burger of the day with fries. He liked it but the fries are seasoned with seasoning salt, which not everyone likes, including me.

Our food was brought and left on the table in a hurry, with no napkins or cutlery. When I flagged the waitress down she brought me a set of cutlery but none for my husband. The waitresses and host all looked to be of high school age and definitely need more training. While the food was okay it was pricey at $10 per "stuffed" burger.

There must have been a lot of sodium in my food as it has been 5 hours and I am still very thirsty. The bean burger does stick to your ribs, though. I am not tempted to return but would if someone in my party wanted to try it...

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Great food at a great price. This place specializes in stuffed burgers and they are awesome. Homemade salads and homemade soups go along with the sandwiches. Wait staff is very friendly and your belly will be full when you leave there.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

This used to be a neighborhood bar, and although the restaurant itself is fairly spartan in terms of decor, the food is excellent. The burgers are flavored with different cheeses and sauces, inside the meat. They are very tasty, and one would not be disappointed. Our server, Aaron, was very pleasant and helpful. This is an out-of-the-way place to eat, but well worth it. The average price was $10.00. I plan on returning soon!