“Above and beyond”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charleston
Two Meeting Street Inn
Ranked #3 of 39 Charleston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The best B&B I've been too in a long time. First of all the house is amazing, it has tiffany stained glass windows, gorgeous carved oak woodwork in the common rooms and staircase and an unbelievable staff. The food was plentiful and tasty. In the afternoon they have tea, pastries and snacks, all delicious. The rooms were tastelfully decorated with all the modern conveniences, On our third day there, I had to rush to the hospital due to an irregular heartbeat. Luckily it was nothing and is under control. My wife received several calls from members of the staff asking if they could bring breakfast and lunch to the hospital. I was given a prescription when I left and on my return to the B&B I asked about the location of the nearest pharmacy. A member of the staff volunteered to go for me. Thank you so much for everything you did for me. When in Charleston, this is the best place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Two Meeting Street Inn

Reviewed 3 March 2012

FIrst time staying at Two Meeting Street and loved it! Very Charming, great location and wonderful front porch to sit on and have breakfast or a cocktail. Very close to the Battery and right in the middle of all the fabulous historic homes of Charleston. You feel like you have gone back in time here!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We started to stay in Bed and Breakfasts about ten or twelve years ago on our travels, after staying at Two Meeting Street. My wife and I had not been back in a number of years,and were again thinking about a long weekend there this summer, hot though it will certainly be in Charleston .

Almost all of our stays have been at the more renowned places in the US and Canada. Many are those in the Select Registry.

All tolled, Two Meeting Street is our favorite. The charm of the inn and the graciousness of the Spell family are evident in all aspects of this B and B. Unlike others, there is always someone available to answer questions about Charleston, surrounding restaurants or the inn itself.

On three of our visits we brought other couples who are equally effusive in their praise of Two Meeting Street. The only place that I could compare it with in terms of charm and attention to detail would be the Inn at Little Washington.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying with you for his birthday. We have both traveled extensively and have lived in Europe too, but never have felt so welcome and relaxed as we did at "Two Meeting Street Inn!" We only wished we could have stayed longer and look forward to a return visit in your beautiful Inn.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I want to first start off by saying that I did not "stay" at your B&B but experienced much of the same as one of your other guest commented on. My friend and I stopped by to look at the property and house. We were "not so friendly" greeted when we rang the doorbell. Kay answered the door and when I told her I just wanted to show my friend how beautiful it was inside, Kay, with her somewhat "snooty" aire, seemed annoyed. We were only stopping for a moment and did not take up much of her time. If I owned a wonderful B&B like yours, I would want only the very kindest, helpful, NICE people working for me who would encourage a potential guest to be sure to come and stay at my Inn. When we left, my friend said, "even IF I wanted to come back, I wouldn't." Kay was "uncomfortably arrogant" and acted as if we were a bother. I'm an Antique dealer and I travel alot ~ staying at B&B's along the way. I have never been as disappointed as I was when inquiring about your Inn. If I do come back to the Charleston area, I'm sorry to say that I won't be staying at your Inn.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Sandy W
innkeeper2meetst, Owner at Two Meeting Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to drop by the Inn to request an impromptu tour. As you can appreciate, because of its location and architecture, the Inn attracts considerable attention. We receive many requests such as yours each day and we are always happy to oblige by sharing our entry foyer, parlor and dining room, the same areas that Kay shared with you. We regret that your personal experience with our innkeeper was less than satisfactory; however, many of our guests have had positive experiences with Kay, as expressed in recent reviews on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you sharing your comments and sincerely hope that you do return to our wonderful city.