“Dinner for 18th birthday”
Review of Eli's Table

Eli's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Eli's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 992 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: USD 10 - USD 25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen Street
Description: Eli's Table features a new menu offering bold, worldly flavors while using fresh and local ingredients. Named after the owner of Charleston Hospitality Group's son Eli, the restaurant is sentimental for many reasons. Guests are treated with a new way to savor their favorite classics. Tantalize your taste buds and join us at Eli's Table tonight. Menu is subject to change without notice. Happy Hour M-F 4-6pm
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We dined here in 2017. My then 17 year old insisted that Eli’s has best best burger anywhere. So we returned all the way from Canada for his 18th birthday. Big shout out to Our server Bryce for the excellent service and chef Steve who says he makes Bryce look good!

Sam M, Owner at Eli's Table, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

I love this review. Thank you so much for joining our table for such a special occasion. We hope you had a fabulous visit to Charleston as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,588)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I went to Eli's Table for the first time last night. I was welcomed by the entire crew. My server Johnny was exceptional! He anticipated my every need! I had the filet and it was by far the best I have ever had. My daughter had the catch of the day - tuna. I don't care for tuna, but tasted it. It was delicious as well! I will most certainly be back! The group of young men that were working alongside johnny were super welcoming from the second that we walked in. Loved it. Oh, and get the creme brulee.

Sam M, Owner at Eli's Table, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

This is what we strive for. Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are very lucky to have Johnny as part of our team. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Host was very entertaining. Service otherwise was ok. Very busy little restaurant. Fresh catch dish was a little lackluster. I was envious of all of the breakfast and lunch meals that were being served nearby.

Sam M, Owner at Eli's Table, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you so much jwsunrise1 for taking the time to review Eli's. I am sorry your fresh catch was lackluster, I will address this with our team. Could you take a minute to email me at timmijo@charlestonhospitalitygroup.com (referencing eli's and trip advisor) so I can get a better grasp your visit? Thank you very much for your time and candor.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Overall, easy going location. Perfect for a family and for breakfast.

We opted for the egg white omelet dish which was simply delicious. Our kid had the basic sausage links and scrambled egg combo and he was on cloud 9.

Reservations were not needed - when we arrived, the place was pretty empty (around 9:30 am or so).

Coffee was awful. Sorry I am indeed a coffee snob and this was just terrible coffee. No idea what they were talking about - brewed in small batches and yada yada. It was worse than a truck stop.

Service was nice - a person was being trained at the time so we had two servers the whole time.

Issue with the music playing... heavy metal music at 10 am does not work well for most. Please do something about it!!!

Sam M, Owner at Eli's Table, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

I am so sorry Novemberpeanut I will certainly address the music and completely agree. Heavy metal music at Eli's does not work well ever. Please come join our table again. Thank you so much for your time and knowledge.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I came here last February and couldn’t say enough about how great it was… The food, the wait staff, the ambience.
Unfortunately, I can’t say the same for my visit for breakfast this time. I got there about 8:30(they open at 8:00), going solo.
Their dining area is divided into 2 halves when you walk to the front door, with the hostess to greet you in the middle. When I got there two tables were seated on the right side of the room, and no one at all was on the left side of the room. No one else was waiting in line to be seated. The hostess took about five minutes looking at a screen, walking away and asking somebody something, and coming back to seat me. He finally took me to the dead-set middle of the empty room to show me to that table. I asked him if I could sit close to the wall instead, as it felt quite awkward sitting in the middle of an empty room. He obliged and said my waiter would be with me shortly. Again I waited an inordinately long time seeing as how there were only three tables seated in the whole restaurant at that time. But he finally came and I ordered a drink, a coffee and my meal, since I knew what I wanted already.
On my previous visit I’d had their smoked Gouda cheese grits, which were literally the best I’d ever had. I was looking forward to those again. So I ordered scrambled eggs , bacon (since my waiter informed me they ran out of sausage— (how can you run out of sausage when you’ve just opened?), a biscuit and smoked Gouda cheese grits. The menu just stated grits - so I clarified with the waiter and he said “ oh, those are one dollar extra and we just mix some Gouda cheese in them”... well that sounded strange to me, but given how good they were last time , I ordered them again.
My meal arrived without too long of a wait, but when the waiter set the grits down they had cheddar cheese on top. When I questioned it, he said it was Gouda cheese in them with cheddar on top. I asked him to take them away and bring me back grits without the cheddar cheese on top. He did so, but was very begrudging as he sit down the new bowl of grits, and they obviously just had slices of Gouda cheese laid in them and barely stirred. The two strips of bacon were extremely thin and almost burnt, and the scrambled eggs we’re OK. The best part of the meal was a huge biscuit, but I didn’t really eat this because at this point I was ready to leave. I asked for the check, which he brought for a bill of $30 and I left him a $5.00 tip just because. He definitely didn’t deserve any.
As I was getting ready to leave, A female employee walked by my table and I asked if she was the manager, and she said she was. I brought all of the above to her attention, and particularly the fact that as a single woman I felt rather ostracized in a separate room by myself, and further explained I had been there before - and was perfectly happy and don’t know what happened this visit with their cook and their waitstaff that was very slow. She informed me she had just tasted the grits herself and they tasted fine and she would be happy to get me some more… (Note I was leaving the restaurant)... and she did say she had new waitstaff and she’d speak to the waitstaff, but at no point did she offer to give me any compensation, for this or even for a future visit.
I should also add that my sole purpose for going to Charleston and the 4.5 Hour drive was to have my birthday breakfast at this place because it had been so good in the past. Definitely will not be back.

Sam M, Owner at Eli's Table, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

CmdrCutie, I am so terribly sorry that this was your experience at Eli's. I will certainly get to the bottom of this because you visit is unacceptable. This is not the caliber of service or quality that I expect from my team. Please take my sincerest apologies. I hope that this didn't damper your birthday. Would you mind emailing me at timmijo@charlestonhospitalitygroup.com (referencing Eli's Table and Trip Advisor) so we can discuss your visit in more depth?