“A gem of southern hospitality!”
Review of French Quarter Inn

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 April 2012

From the moment you pull up to the FQI your stay is everything you expected from the reviews! We stayed for 3 nights, our stay was perfect. The little things is what seperates a great hotel from others. The Will one of the valets had some great recommendations, as well as Faith, who confirmed that we should definatly find the Tattooed Moose(a food network diner,drive in and dive)for the duck club, which was amazing! The breakfast delived to your room in the morning was delicious, the iced teas and lemonade were great, turn down service with treats along with cookies and milk at night was the best(oatmeal raisin yummy)! The hotel is perfectly located within walking distance to everything. Ask for the balcony upgrade, we overlooked Church St it was pretty quiet. Don't miss out on fried chicken at Jestines Kitchen, Magnolias, the Tattooed Moose and the amazing Hanks Seafood restaurant where the food and service is outstanding! Coming from from NYC it was some of the best food we ever ate(but that was a seperate review)
The FQI is the perfect hotel choice in Charleston, we can't wait to go back.
Oh I forgot about the pillow menu, how many hotels give you a pillow menu, double down was my favorite!
Thank you FQI for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank yanksgirl17
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear yanksgirl17,

On behalf of the entire team here at French Quarter Inn, we greatly appreciate these wonderful comments! The Tattooed Moose is a great place to visit and grab a bite to eat.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed for four nights at this charming Inn which was highly recommended...it was everything we had hoped for as first time travelers to Charleston. We had a suite with a deep hot tub jacuzzi and included was a great breakfast and wine and cheese hour as well. We enjoyed the breakfast outside on the terrace and the jacuzzi was great after a day of touring. The location was also central to the historic district and many great restaurants and we didnt need our rental car at all. Bonus: candy and cookies all day long to nibble on! now thats southern hospitality in my book!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Dear SweetieBoston,

Other than our world-renowned southern hospitality and great location, I must admit that the French Quarter Inn does receive many great responses about our all day snacks like cookies, M&Ms, and Jelly Belly's.... Guests really enjoy the all day complimentary beverage refreshments too like our big hit--Mango Sweet Tea!

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We just got home from another trip to Charleston, and can't wait to go back! The hotel is wonderful! Everyone who works there is pleasant and helpful. The room is top-notch, from the beds to the bathroom toiletries. Love the pillow choices! Booked a package and was so happy I did. Upon check-in, we received a glass of champagne and lady fingers. Valet parking was included, and when we got to our room, which was overlooking Market Street, there was a goody basket waiting for us. Our package also included admission to the South Carolina Aquarium, a one hour carriage ride around Charleston, and $35.00 gift certificate to Amen Street restaurant. Enough to keep us busy for the day and two nights we were in Charleston. We had the gourmet continental breakfasts delivered to our room each day. They were delivered on time and delicious. We're going to miss the warm cookies and milk the have in the lobby each night. There are flavored teas and lemonade and jelly beans and M&Ms in the lobby all day, as well as carts with coffee and teas throughout the hotel. The hotel also has a wine and cheese reception each night, which is a wonderful way to meet some of the intesting guests who are staying there. Turndown each night includes the weather report for the following day, as well as a special Charleston treat on the bed and a bathroom to wear. The French Quarter Inn is ideally located so you don't even need your car - everything is within walking distance. A great way to burn off the calories from all the delicious food. I know there are many, many other hotels that are nice to stay in, but we have only stayed here, and will continue to do so. I highly recimmend staying at the French Quarter Inn! You will regret it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Market Street. Lots of activity to watch from your room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda D

Dear LinDOrlando_FL,

Wow! Your comments are amazing to read, and we thank you so much for your review of our lovely Inn. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements by becoming our “Friend” on Facebook. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 31 March 2012

This hotel lives up to the four diamond rating from AAA, the #1 rating from TripAdvisor and it definitely deserves it's place on the Gold List by Conde Nast. It was everything my friends and I expected and more. The service is superior. The rooms are lovely and spacious. The continental breakfast, lady fingers and champagne, wine and cheese and cookies and milk were wonderful. The atmosphere was charming and friendly. The location was excellent. We enjoyed walking to almost all of our activities.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank nj_nan_14

Dear nj_nan_14,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We are extremely proud to have the awards and accolades especially being named #1 in Charleston and #7 in the U.S., but we cannot achieve these awards if we do not earn great comments like yours.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I called the FQI back in early February for help planning my husband's special birthday vacation. Faith answered the phone, and she became my "go to" concierge and consant question- answerer for the next few weeks! She was the BEST! The hotel exceeded my (very) high expectations . . . everyone was friendly, helpful, and professional. Our room was large w/ a king bed (extremely comfortable with high-end linens and pillows), and a huge terrace that overlooked St. Phillip's steeple and the Irish Pub below (we stayed over St. Paddy's Day). We loved the complementary breakfasts, the coffee & tea service on every floor, and the wine/cheese receptions. We were not able to enjoy the cookies and milk at night due to indulging in some of Charleston's best restaurants but what a treat for those who can! Could not be at a more conveinent location - we did not have or need a car. It's pricey, but SO worth it for the value and quality. Would definately return, and hope to one day.

Room Tip: Call and talk to Faith or another concierge about choices. Ask for a balcony or terrace.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Rosie816,

I could not agree more that our world-class Concierge Ms. Faith is the BEST! Ms. Faith is continually recognized for her personalized service, and I am delighted to hear she exceeded your expectations. I am actually looking out my window right now in my office overlooking St. Phillips Church...I can certainly see why guests say we have the best location in Charleston.

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements by becoming our “Friend” on Facebook. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance. We hope to see you again!