New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
great neck,ny
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. We booked a business suite with balcony, fireplace, separate room with computer, printer, and a bottle of champagne awaiting our arrival

Although it overlooked the market we were not bothered by any noise. Oh, yes, Sat. evening we did hear music from the street. We were told the police would stop them soon. The hotel offered to call the police; but we saud no.

Staff is helpful and friendly. All in all it was a great experience. The wine and cheese served from 5:00 to 7:00 was fun. We met some lovely.

Another great thing is the wonderful restaurant on the first floor. Its name is Tristan and I think it is one of the best in Charleston.

One more thing: I somehow left my charger in my room. I happened to have another one so I didn't call until a week later--never expecting them to have it. Sure enough they did and I got it back in a couple of days. That's good service!!!

Room Tip: Splurge and get the business suite. It's less expensive during the week.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank funalways75
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear funalways75,

It is responses like these that keep our team going! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. Tristan is a phenomenal restaurant, and I guess that is why Chef Nate Whiting is regarded as one of the very best young chefs in the country.

French Quarter Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I took my Mother for a few days to Charleston to celebrate her birthday. We were greeted very warmly by Marvin and Michelle and our check-in was prompt and informative. Our room was very spacious and we had a very large patio. It was too warm for the fireplace but I would have loved to turn it on just once. The amenities were plentiful and added a lovely B n B feel to the property. My linen was a touch gray, thin and not as crisp as I would like, but the bed was comfortable. One one day our room wasn't serviced until after one-thirty when we retuned from our morning excursion but we had turn down service every night. The location could not be more perfect right in the middle of so much yet the property is very quiet and serene. The patronage is a bit older for my taste so I probably won't bring my husband, but for my Mother it was perfect.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Conikazi8,

I am delighted to hear both you and your mother enjoyed your stay, and I thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion. Marvin and Michele says hello and send their thanks for recognizing their five star service. Hopefully the next time you return, we will have our new 1200 thread count Egyptian cotton bed linen arriving from Italy!

LaGrange, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

We recently stayed at the French Quarter Inn for three nights. The suite was spacious and lovely. We had a work area and computer and printer with free WiFi which was a pleasant surprise. The place is charming and well appointed. Breakfasts were buffet, nothing hot, but the variety was more than sufficient. The sweet rolls and croissants were to die for. There is a wine and cheese hour and to end the night cookies and milk, tea, coffee and hot chocolate. Who could ask for anything more. The location is perfect and the front desk is helpful in making reservations for meals and tours. My only complaint would be that the mattress was toooo soft. It had little support. Time to replace it.

Room Tip: If you can afford the upgrade, ask for a balcony suite.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank angelinaLaGrange_IL
Dear angelinaLaGrange_IL,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I apologize that the bed was too soft for your preference; we are actually upgrading our mattresses very soon as we like to do this every other year. Please let me know when you are returning, and it will be my pleasure to provide a bed board for better support.

Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I booked this hotel through the snique away coupon for my husband for Christmas. It is an absolutely beautiful hotel. The staff was very friendly, helpful and pleasant. The rooms are huge and the beds comfortable. Our room was on the first floor and overlooked the open air market. The breakfast was typical. Muffins, juice, fruit. A great place for a quiet, relaxing get away. We had a wonderful time and would go back again.

We had dessert at a little place called Kaminsky's which was only about a block from the hotel. They do not have menus because the cakes and pies are made fresh daily. It's a very small area but WONDERFUL desserts. We ate there twice!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TNBadger
Dear TNBadger,

I am very glad to hear y'all enjoyed your stay! Kaminsky's is one of my favorite too!

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements by becoming our “Friend” on Facebook. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance. We hope to see you again!

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Our first visit to Charleston, the French Quarter Inn located in a ideal location for our needs. Well appointed, great Jr. Queen Suite.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank wrmkmm
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Wrmkmm,

Our location here in Charleston is regarded as the best in the city, so I am delighted it was convenient for y'all!