We chose the French Quarter Inn based on Tripadvisor reviews, and we’re happy we did. My husband and I were visiting Charleston for the first time, and we wanted to be close to the activity. (We had ruled out the Wentworth Mansion because it was a little further away.) We were a short walk away to the start of our walking tour and great restaurants like Fig and Peninsula Grill.
We had a room on the second floor. Although the hotel was full, we couldn’t hear anyone in the halls or in other rooms from inside our room. Some of the other reviewers commented on the lack of views. Our room looked out over Linguard St. We could see the steeples of the St. Philip’s and the Huguenot churches. The view wasn’t spectacular, but it wasn’t horrible. The bathroom wasn’t the most modern, but it was clean and in good repair. It had a standard hotel tub/shower like you would find at a Marriott, InterContinental, Westin etc.
Service was great. The desk staff addressed us by name, and the valets brought our car without having to ask for our name or room number. We especially appreciated the nightly turndown service that included a re-cleaning of our bathroom after we had gotten ready for dinner, a weather report for the following day and chocolates.
The continental breakfast was substantial with assorted pastries, bagels, dried cereal, fruit, yogurt and juices. They even had my regular cereal I eat at home (Kashi GoLean brand). We enjoyed the wine and cheese every evening before setting out for dinner. The nighttime cookies were also delicious.
We were able to get a great rate of $189/night. We were somewhat flexible with our dates, and we found a coupon on line from the Charleston Visitors Bureau. We also used the free parking coupon from Tripadvisor.
We would definitely return the next time we are in Charleston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four Diamond Inn's newly redesigned rooms are inspired by the old world elegance of a Parisian chateau set against the architectural backdrop of Charleston's classic French Quarter. Red medallion-patterned draperies and damask chenille upholstery in hues of black, white and gold create a rich distinction between the fabrics and furniture, of the highest quality.Among many other amenities, guests of the hotel enjoy complimentary items such as: champagne and lady fingers at check-in, an evening wine and cheese reception, freshly baked cookies and milk, evening turn down service and gourmet continental breakfast in the lobby or served to your room. The over-sized guest rooms, some with working fireplaces, private balconies, and whirlpool tubs, provide imagery of an era gone by, but still grants contemporary amenities a sophisticated traveler has come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your French Quarter Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel Charleston
- French Quarter Charleston
- French Quarter Inn Charleston Sc