13 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 03/02/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 03/02/22
Wyndham
Hotels.comUSD 263
PricelineUSD 261
travelup.comUSD 263
4,708 results
All reviews great location barbadoes room barbados room poogan's porch queen street within walking distance valet parking historic district holiday inn beautiful courtyard meeting street southern charm per day charming hotel valet service downtown charleston city market
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 November 2021

Great location and staff. The hotel was within walking distance of most if not all of the historical sites and restaurants. The only issue I had was with the gym equipment. It needs some updating and upgrading.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 November 2021

The entire hotel has a certain charm due to its age. However, the rooms seem to be very beat up and tired. The shower in my bathroom is at least 15-20 years old with several parts of the shower disconnected. The walls have a stucco finish that has not been updated in at least 40 years. The work space is tiny and includes the coffee machine, a couple of electrical outlets, and a lamp. And the "city view" is nothing more than than some mid-rise old buildings that leave a lot to be desired.

I told my colleague who is planning to join me to find another place to stay. I'd rather stay in North Charleston for the money this place is costing me.

Room tip: "City views" are not worth paying for...
Date of stay: November 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank bigrivercat
Reviewed 3 November 2021 via mobile

For a nearly $400 per night The room you get is not what you might expect. It hasn’t been updated in 20 years! The rooms are very small even a king size room you could barely walk between the bed and the dresser. The bathroom was extremely old with only a pedestal sink and a shower with very poor water pressure. No mini fridge to even cool down a soda. The room was quite small for a king size room at this price point. The location was good but let me tell you wait for that kind of money you could’ve hired a private limousine from your hotel just five blocks down at half the price and twice the accommodations. The restaurant was also extremely pricey and not very good. We had added a night on after our first reservation and the manager would not even confirm that we could have the same room even though we had booked the exact same room for the Add a night. He was quite rude as well! Just a horrible experience and we paid top dollar!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sf893
Reviewed 2 November 2021 via mobile

The only reason I gave this 3 stars was because we had a balcony in our room and it’s location. The room needed to be renovated especially the bathroom. There was obvious water damage to the ceiling. The shower has mold. The sink was absolutely disgusting. The drain has hair and stuff stuck in it. All the lights were unplugged when we arrived. The overall service was disappointing. When we arrived they gave us the key but no info about surrounding areas/restaurants, they didn’t tell us abut wifi, and tried to charge us for
valet service that we never used.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 443deannal
Reviewed 1 November 2021

My new go-to hotel in Charleston. Close to everything in old Charleston and the Battery. Staff was fantastic, polite and well trained. Everything neat, clean and comfortable. I’m a sucker for a well managed fine old hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel