“Fascinating, not scary”

Guided Haunted History Walking Tour of Charleston
Ranked #71 of 232 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: In business for 14 years. We offer nightly GHOST TOURS. We visit sights that have been on the HISTORY CHANNEL/DISCOVERY CHANNEL and GHOST ADVENTURS. All our guides are experts in Charleston's haunted history.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 26 April 2017

We took the 8:00 tour, which took us around a circuit of just over one mile in downtown Charleston near the churches and market area. Our tour guide did a great job of weaving local history and interesting sites into his tour. He clearly was very knowledgeable about the area and told the tales of the various ghosts that have been sighted in that area. The history behind each story made it fun. He did not try to creep us out; he told each tale in a light manner and shared various photos of the ghosts that folks had caught in action. The tour lasted about an hour. The tour guide accepts cash wth a reservation. The price is $20 when you mention the website that they have, or bring one of their brochures.

There are newer reviews for Ghosts of The South

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Our guide John was really knowledgeable and funny. Glad we chose this tour and not some of the others. The other groups we passed looked bored, haha. Really the guide is everything one these tours and ask for John, he's great.

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

We went on this tour on a cold night at 10pm. But we all had fun and enjoyed the night. The guide was a normal person and didn't pretend to have had ghostly experiences of his own, or be something he wasn't. We enjoyed the historical information and pictures on ipad. Would go back and take another stroll. I took the attached picture and circled in blue what I believe looks like something (I'll leave you to decide if you see what I see without influencing with my opinion). Zoom in and let me know what you think. If you think I captured something (I snapped some pics), then maybe you can capture something on your tour too! But I'd recommend this experience.

4  Thank Tom W
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Our guide was informative and wove together the local lore and history very well. The walk is at a good pace with breaks and the time is over before you notice it.
While I noted in some reviews that people were upset that you couldn't get into the graveyards and such, it is private property so you cannot expect the tour comp to get you access. Also many of these churches are open during the day time if you truly want to be up close and personal with the graves.
It's simply a walking historical and local tails tour, that's what I paid for and what I got.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

I was disappointed with this tour. It was advertised as a candlelight tour. When we got there and asked about candles we were told there weren't any, that was just the name of the company. That is not what the advertising implied. After much convincing of my friend that this wouldn't be scary, it was ruined by the guide jumping at someone during each story to startle them. Having been on other, well done ghost tours this seemed very juvenile. I wish we had picked a different tour company.

haunted29401, Front Office Manager at Ghosts of The South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2016

Correct, the guests do not carry candles. We stopped this practice years ago at the advice of our insurance company. Also many guests found this juvenile. We will not apologies for a guide who was enthusiastic and was engaging with the guests. Maybe you should have chosen a dull/boring and non-enthusiastic tour. Also as our standard practice we contacted other people on your specific tour. No one else complained.
We are sorry if you were scared on our ghost tour.
#four lady's from Minnesota.