“More than a Ghost Tour!!”

Ghosts of The South
Small Group Haunted History Walking Tour of Charleston
Ranked #73 of 235 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: In business for 14 years. We offer nightly GHOST TOURS. We visit sights that have been on the HISTORY CHANNEL/DISCOVERY CHANNEL and GHOST ADVENTURS. All our guides are experts in Charleston's haunted history.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 30 October 2016

Our tour was rained out the first try and the following night we called John to see if he had room for our group of 4........lucky for us he had room and we enjoyed a great tour of the old historical area of Charleston. John was so knowledgeable, sharing ghost stories, picture of the sprits, history of the buildings and traditions of the area. He
shared great places to eat and things to do.........a total package. Worth every penny. Thank you John!!

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

John was our tour guide and he made this tour really fun! He told stories about Charleston and showed us pictures of ghosts! Really fun and interesting. Total walk is really only about a mile and not difficult.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

John did a great job mixing Charleston history and ghost stories with pictures. We had a small group which provided a nice personal touch.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

We participated in the 8pm tour with John. My husband and I have been on a variety of ghost tours and this one did not disappoint. John knew a ton about Charleston's history and shared his knowledge in a fun and engaging manner. During his stories, he shared pictures on an iPad which greatly enhanced the overall experience. Definitely recommend if you are looking for a good mix of history and ghosts!

Reviewed 14 September 2016

I found the tour guide to be a bit rude and prior to handing over the cash only payment I chose not to spend 80-90 minutes with him. I have never written a negative review about any experience i have had but I felt the need to this time. Perhaps it was just a personality clash or he was having a bad day.
Obviously other people enjoyed this tour and I do not want to take away from that, it just was not the tour for myself and my family.

haunted29401, Guest Relations Manager at Ghosts of The South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

We investigated this complaint. And we found that it was exactly as you stated. "A clash with personality's" . No one else complained about this guides personality. We contacted people who were on the tour that specific night who witnessed "the clash" . And they all said, the guide acted as professional as he could under the circumstances.