All reviews front desk indoor pool choice hotels downtown charleston make a u turn the breakfast area folly beach short drive business center sitting area yogurt would stay here again historic district hot breakfast desk staff nice stay close to downtown
Reviewed 1 April 2018

The hotel is located in a safe area and has many restaurants close by. The lobby was clean and the check in was efficient. The rooms are large and clean. The hotel is about 7 Miles from the downtown area. I would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Caroline P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Fred B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so happy to hear that you found our location to be convenient and that they suited your needs while you were in the Charleston area! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed about 3 nights. The price for the first two nights was about $100. They get you on taxes. Overall the hotel is nice and clean. Breakfast was just ok. I thought most hotels in the area have a manager reception. This one didn’t. I would stay here again for about $100 a night

Date of stay: March 2018
Caroline P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Bbmary6,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you found our accommodations affordable, and enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This was a convenient hotel that was really great until after we left. While we stayed there we had great customer service from the two different gentleman who worked the desk. After we left my daughter realized she had left her bathing suit in the room. To make a long story short- Karen refused to have any one look in the room and just kept stating that "I was the one who left the swim suit" and when they had time and the suit was turned in they would call me and I could pay to have it shipped. I informed her I had a friend who just in town for the day and could pick it up and she said it didn't matter she would not check for it. My friend went to the hotel anyways a couple of hours later and again Karen still refused to look for the suit. I explained to Karen that the time she wasted arguing with me she could have walked to the 2nd floor but she continued to say it was "my fault" I left the swimsuit, which I agree it was, but for $200/night I expect better customer service. I do feel like if I would have reached one of the gentleman on the phone the swim suit would have been found. As of now (over 24 hours later) still no call that the suit has been turned in by the cleaning crew.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Julia B
Caroline P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Julia B,

We are thrilled to hear that you had a successful trip to Charleston!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

This was very clean hotel and short ride into downtown Charleston. A mall close by and restaurants. The staff was super friendly, especially Mrs Charlene at the front desk! I will definitely use them again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank twogrlsandamommy

Dear twogrlsandamommy,

Charlene such a great asset to the team, and we are lucky to have her! We can't wait to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Stayed here prior to a child's sports camp and had a good experience. The staff and location were great and the room was updated, comfortable and clean. There was plenty of easily-accessible parking. What more can you ask for?

Date of stay: November 2017

Dear S V,

Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad to hear that you had such a great stay!