New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“On of the best anywhere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fin Stalker Charters

Fin Stalker Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Inshore and offshore fishing charters in Historic Charleston, South Carolina. Offering 1/2, 3/4, and Full Day excursions. Also inquire about our Senset and Dolphin Cruises.
West Palm Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“On of the best anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

I have fished extensively in Fla, Bahamas, Mexico and Central America and I found Capt Chris Chavis to be outstanding. We all want to catch fish and I did (25 reds) but it is the little thing that make a great day on the water. Chris is courteous, articulate, very knowledgeable of the beautiful salt marshes and totally dedicated to providing a memorable experience. Be sure to take a good camera. The wildlife and scenery are not to be missed.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Redfish Galore!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

This is my 2nd year fishing with Chris & he knows how to put you on the fish. The weather conditions were less than ideal, but that did not keep us from catching fish. We caught about 20 reds and two of them were 8 pounders. I will be back in the fall for more. Thanks again Chris for your expertise and hospitality.

Lancaster, Oh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“March 26, 2011--A Very Good Day With Capt. Chris Chavis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

Let me tell you about fishing on March 26, 2011, with Capt. Chris Chavis at Fin Stalker Charters. I caught ten nice and clean redfish, and the best part was that six of these fish were 10-12 pounds and well over 30 inches. I can remember the strength of these fish and the sound of that tail smacking the water. I have the pictures!

Chris is easy to spend a day with; very calm; he tells you what you need to know and lets you fish. Chris put us right on those big reds, and he knew exactly what would happen as the tide moved. Interesting to learn about this type of fishing around Charleston. And it is a great experience to see Charleston, Sullivan's Island and the Ravenel Bridge while catching fish.
I definitely would call Chris again--he knows what he is doing. Andy McGreevy, Lancaster, Ohio

Visited March 2011
1 Thank Mayo72
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Want to catch fish & have a good time??? Capt Chris Chavis is the man!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

Best fishing I've ever done & lots of fun! Chris is very knowledgeable of the area & took us to the perfect spots to catch tons of fish...not to mention he's pretty entertaining too :) I've fished inshore & offshore with him & every time its a great experience! Can't wait to fish again soon.

1 Thank njyfolly
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fantastic Fly Fishing for Red Fish!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2011

Hey Chris, thanks for 2 great days of fishing. Big difference in the salt water fly fishing compared to fresh water in NC mountains! I really appreciate all the help with my casting and the tips for presentation. Never had to put it out there that far with trout! Thanks also for letting my use your fly gear and for the spinnig rigs.

I went by a couple of tackle stores on the way out and the guys working couldn't believe how many fish we caught. They tried to pump me for more info, but that's between us!They all said that I had one of the very best guides around!

I hope I can get back one more time before I have to start school this summer!!!

Visited March 2011