“Amazing food, amazing service,”
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
Ranked #1 of 840 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: John St.
Description: Halls Chophouse is American-Fine Dining, serving prime steaks, Lowcountry and fresh seafood specialties in an energetic, visually striking environment. Complemented by signature desserts, an extensive wine list, a vibrant bar and innovative, rich decor true to old-world steakhouses, Halls Chophouse is the latest restaurant offering in the heart of Charleston's Upper King Street design and dining district. A traditional American steakhouse with superior service and a knowledgeable staff, Halls Chophouse offers a classic and comfortable dining experience that will entice our guests to visit and enjoy time after time. We offer 2 private dining rooms for groups of up to 32 guests each with audio visual capabilities.
Reviewed 9 May 2021 via mobile

Amazing food, amazing service, great location, reservations are needed, prices are high but portions are big so you can get a 30% reduction in price when selecting a half portion.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (6,358)

Reviewed 7 May 2021

This is a fantastic place to enjoy the culinary delights of Charleston! The atmosphere is fun, yet professional. The food presentation is lovely. I ordered a Petit Filet (8 ozs.) with yummy brussels sprouts and a simple green salad with a yummy dressing, and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc to top it off. The menu is extensive and the service is excellent. Thank you Hall's for a lovely meal!

Reviewed 6 May 2021

From start to finish a 5 star evening. The service, the food, just everything. We talked about the meal for 2 days and how much we loved it.

Reviewed 5 May 2021 via mobile

My daughter and I went for the first time 2 years ago. Not ordering steaks or mains also. Had great lively service and the food was very good. Went again this past April 20. As soon as the waitress found out we were just going to order apps, salads, sides and dessert and no bottle of wine or expensive drinks, her attitude changed and we were actually ignored and deserted for about 20 minutes before she finally tended to us again. I was about to leave but didn’t bc I didn’t know where else to go that wouldn’t be full at that time of evening. We were starving. I ordered our food and asked for it to come sort of all at once. My baked stuffed oysters were dry and bland. Basically not good. My burrata salad had probably the worst burrata I have ever had. My daughters food was fine but nothing to be excited about. Salad, mac n cheese and fries. At this point my experience was soured and I did not order anymore food nor dessert. I guess only having a 100.00 bill versus 200.00 bill for the 2 of us just didn’t rank in the restaurants standard of clients they cared about. We just wanted to get out of there. We went back to the Belmont for dessert. FYI, we went to 5Church the next time and had a great experience in both service and food.
Not sure I’ll ever give it another chance.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 5 May 2021 via mobile

Our party of 3 had filet, dry aged ribeye and flounder. We shared cream corn, a baked potato and collards. For dessert, we shared the bread pudding. We all absolutely loved our food. My filet with the truffle butter was the best! It was a nice gesture for the owner to walk around and welcome you, in fact, each person was so nice and welcoming. The only downside was the amount of noise and the loudness of the music. Still, an amazing dining experience!