“Classic Chophouse, Suberb service.”
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Halls Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 938 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: John St.
Description: Halls Chophouse is American-Fine Dining, serving prime steaks, Lowcountry and fresh seafood specialties in an energetic, visually striking environment. Complemented by signature desserts, an extensive wine list, a vibrant bar and innovative, rich decor true to old-world steakhouses, Halls Chophouse is the latest restaurant offering in the heart of Charleston's Upper King Street design and dining district. A traditional American steakhouse with superior service and a knowledgeable staff, Halls Chophouse offers a classic and comfortable dining experience that will entice our guests to visit and enjoy time after time. We offer 2 private dining rooms for groups of up to 32 guests each with audio visual capabilities.
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Upon entry, we were immediately greeted by one of the owners, Mr. Hall who shook our hand. We settled in a rather quiet corner (just what I like), as compared to the rest of the bustling restaurant. There was excellent live music who played a nice mix.

The waiter was one of the best we've ever had. I wish I remember his name. He was well educated on the menu and described in detail each item. He also made good conversation with us.

I had to try the filet mignon, my favorite. My wife had a local rabbit roast. Both were excellent. Our dessert was also amazing. I had bread pudding (one of my favs) and my wife had a caramel cream pie.

As we left, I had to thank the owner for such a great dinner. He discovered it was our honeymoon and treated us to a drink before we left. What a perfect dinner it was!

Reviewed 29 February 2012

We went for Sun brunch. The food was incredible (even if you think you don't like bread pudding, try theirs). The service fantastic. Not cheap but, worth it. We plan to go for dinner next time we visit.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Best service in any Charleston restaurant. Everything was very good. It is expensive, so keep that in mind!

Reviewed 26 February 2012

The Food was AMAZING - my mouth did a dance! The Service was AWESOME - they make sure you have everything. The ATMOSPHERE lacks something but I can't put my finger on it. The Prices are not for the faint of heart :0)....Anyway, my friends and I didn't have a reservation so we ended up at THE worse table in the place but it was Sunday brunch with friends and mimosas so it wasn't that big of a deal. I looked at the menu but didn't want anything that I could get anywhere else so the waitress described some specials that were not on the menu. I heard something with goat cheese, which is my absolute favorite, so I said yes to that - I still don't know the name of it. It was an altered steak and egg masterpiece. Seriously, IT WAS SO DANG GOOD PEOPLE! When we were done, I added up in my head what my meal would cost. Even though the special I had was not on the menu, I figured it would be around the same price as other "BRUNCH" entrees found on the menu. I WAS WRONG, it was $40 (NO SIDES). With sides (house grits and a pancake) and two mimosas, my total was about $75 (without tip - DID I MENTION THAT THIS WAS BRUNCH, ugh!). All in all, I loved it! I probably wont go back until next year but I highly recommend the food....mmmmmm GOOD!

1  Thank exposingthetruth
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We would definitely go back for the Steak and all of the wonderful side dishes that we had. It was a most enjoyable and pleasant atmosphere to go to for dinner.