“OMG YES bucket list of barbecue ”
Review of Rodney Scott's BBQ

Rodney Scott's BBQ
Ranked #8 of 49 Quick Bites in Charleston
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Ever since I saw him on one of Anthony Bourdain trips I had to go and I'm glad I did. It was everything I expected and much more. Ribs excellent, chicken wonderful and juicy the pork was outstanding. You can't get pork like this unless you use the whole hog like they do. I traveled 3000+ miles to experience this and I'm glad I did. As a bonus I met Mr Scott, he was rolling napkins and silverware in a booth then I asked if I can tour the pit area and they obliged. Just an amazing experience. We hit it at the right time on a Thursday, not really busy. The staff was so friendly and so we're the other patrons. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I LOVE bbq!

That being said I have high standards for bbq.

We arrived to find miss’s crabby pants behind the counter which started the tone for the visit.

Visiting SC I wanted to experience the whole hog SC style bbq.

The guy that walked around clearing tables etc was great, very helpful.

The food was not my favorite, I would have wanted more flavor and more tender meat, I got the pulled pork.on the good side there was not fat in it so it appears it was hand sorted.

My son got the ribs which had a stronger smoke taste but were quite salty, (he enjoyed the ribs at Boone hall farm restaurant better)

Glad we when to see what it was like but not what I would have expected.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We were headed to a barbecue restaurant in downtown Charleston and we asked the Uber driver where the best BBQ spot in Charleston is. He said Rodney Scott’s, so we diverted our trip to that restaurant instead. Sure glad we did! It was awesome, and portions are very generous.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

My husband and I went to Rodney Scott's BBQ on a Monday evening around 6:30 pm. We were very much looking forward to the pulled pork but unfortunately they had run out. I ordered the chicken sandwich which came with one side and my husband got the rib sandwich which came with two sides. The chicken was excellent and the ribs were very good also. The rib sandwich is three large ribs that come on two pieces of bread. You really can't eat it as a sandwich because of the bones. The dry rub on the ribs was excellent. We wanted the baked beans and my husband wanted the greens but they were out of those also. So we ended up with the fries, cornbread and coleslaw. The coleslaw was some of the best we've ever had. The fries were very good also - thin cut and crispy. The cornbread was very good and came with honey on top. Rodney Scott's is not a large restaurant. There were maybe 8-10 booths and one large communal high top table. There are several picnic tables outside also. Like I said - we were there on a Monday night and the place was packed. Plan accordingly.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We first heard about Rodney Scott's BBQ when it was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and we knew we must try it while we were in town. We have since been there on several occasions and it does not disappoint. The BBQ, as well as the ribs and steak sandwiches are excellent. I was also impressed with the side dishes, which are very very good. Although they are always busy, they manage it well and the service is always timely and friendly. DEFINITELY would recommend.

Date of visit: March 2018