“Awesome Cat Cafe”

Pounce Cat Cafe
Ranked #3 of 19 Fun & Games in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Pounce Cat Cafe is a cozy lounge where you can enjoy freshly brewed coffee or tea, sip on wine or craft beer, snack on delicious pastries, and cuddle with adorable cats and kittens. All of the kitties at the cafe are rescue cats provided by Charleston Animal Society and are all up for adoption. Reservation to visit are HIGHLY recommended!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

First- make a reservation. Walk-in spots are extremely limited to nil, but it's well worth it. The owners are onsite, and it's the only cat cafe I've encountered that serves alcohol. Very cool space, and I like that all the cats are available for adoptions. It was great to hear how fast the cats find new homes when they're at the cafe.

All reviews
"worthy cause"
"age limit"
"special events"
in 2 reviews
"a great place to spend"
"fun experience"
in 11 reviews
"homes"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This was such a fun way to spend an hour. My friend and I got the "meowmosas" - which kicked things off to a great start, and loved nuzzling with all of the furry friends. The staff was absolutely wonderful, very knowledgeable about all of the cats, and happy to answer whatever questions we had. I have never been to a cat cafe before and didn't really know what to expect, but loved the experience. Opal and Hercules stole my heart, but I am only here for a short trip. My only suggestion would be maybe for the staff to enforce the "no picking up cats" rule a little more strongly. When you walk in they give you a tutorial, which is very helpful. Part of which, is to not pick up cats, as they can get freaked out, which makes total sense. Everyone followed this rule except for two women who just went around picking up every cat in the place. Other than that, I can't think of any room for improvement at all!

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

It was my son's birthday and we surprised him with a trip to Pounce. Success! We arrived early and went to the bar to grab a drink. We were very impressed at how organized the whole thing was! They gave a 5 & 10 minute warning to the group before us, letting them know their time was almost finished, then we were told we could go in with the cats. We loved this! What a great concept. I love that Charleston has a venue like Pounce that allows potential cat parents to get to know the cat before adopting. We will be back and maybe leave with a cat next time!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

If we weren't vacationing, we would have two new cats! We went on Tuesday and I sure hope for their sake that Milo and Dupert have already been adopted. Anyhow, this place is great! It's well worth the price, you get a free drink (beer, wine, coffee or soda) and an hour to play with cats for just $15. It helped with the homesickness and missing our own two boys at home. Although felt a little like cheating on them haha. The cats are sooooo friendly and adorable. And you can give them treats, get them to play with laser pointers, etc. Go adopt one of these cuties ASAP!!!!!!! (Especially Milo if he is still around. I wish I was doing this from my phone to upload a pic. What a lil cutie!)