“The best part of our trip to Charleston”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charleston
Zero Water Street Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 39 Charleston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I stayed five nights at Zero Water Street and it was truly the highlight of our stay. The house is directly on the Battery. There wasn't a better view of the harbor to be found.
Our hosts were gracious, informative, eager to help, yet gave us plenty of space; with our our own separate entrance, we truly had our own private apartment at the best location in the city.
I must comment on the outstanding housekeeping staff. Even though we're generally not messy people, housekeeping saw to it that the apartment was immaculate when we arrived back every afternoon. If I needed something (was desperate for some laundry soap) it was provided promptly. This in addition to the fact that we had homemade breakfast bread awaiting us every afternoon was a nice touch (and so yummy). Various other breakfast items were always on hand as well, such as milk, juices, bagels, cream cheese, jams, cereals and english muffins. Plenty to get us started for the day, and we eagerly sat outside every morning while leisurely eating our meal.
I agree with the other reviewers regarding the stairs. If you have issues with steps, you may find it difficult to maneuver the 2 flights of stairs you must climb to get to the third floor; otherwise, if you're considering a stay in Charleston and want 5 star treatment in a one-of-a-kind environment, you won't regret your stay here. It's simply perfect.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PiecesDesigner

Reviewed 24 November 2011

I agree with all of the other outstanding reviews..... this was our best B&B experience ever! You will be sad to leave. We stayed there for 4 nights, which went by too quickly. It was worth every dollar. We will definitely stay there again if we return to Charleston. You do need to be able to climb up the stairs to the third floor, and use a small step stool to climb up onto the high bed. But it is well worth the effort. It was the most romantic and relaxing place.... we sat on our own veranda while we ate breakfast each day. We had lovely weather the second week of November, with highs in the 70's and no rain. It was a short walk to wonderful restaurants, such as Blossom, Slightly North of Broad, and Carolina's. Jim and Cordes Simpson are wonderful hosts. Be sure to take a tour of the rest of the mansion, since it is amazing.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bbr2
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We loved this place - it's big, beautifully maintained, historic, full of antiques, perfectly located and makes your visit easy with "do it yourself" breakfast supplies and both kitchen & laundry facilities. The "piazza" overlooking the Charleston Bay, and the location right on the Battery at the heart of the old residential district, were real highlights. The owners are also friendly and kindly gave us a tour of their part of the house, downstairs. I would definitely stay here again. It might not be for everyone, though - it is on the 3rd floor with lots of narrow stairs, and the fairly open piazza with old fashioned railings would scare me if I had young children with me. It's also fairly expensive, but we felt it was worthwhile for the space & great experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cantravnut
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This was the second time my husband and I have stayed at Zero Water Street in the past 2 years and we will definatley be back. I will never stay anywhere else in Charleston!

Besides the perfect location on the water and the amazing porch, I truly love that the owner's of the home just let you be. It's almost as if it's your own place. Trust me, I enjoy bed and breakfasts, but I also enjoy having privacy and not having to share each morning with fellow guests at a specified time. You receive fresh fruit daily, along with great baked goods. There is plenty to fill you up.

The accomodations are incredible - you will be speechless upon entering.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NZele
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We visited Charleston as part of our 5th wedding anniversary trip to South Carolina. We wanted to stay in the heart of Charleston, and Zero Water Street was the ideal setup. Jim and Cordes were excellent both in pre-trip arrangements and in making sure that we were settled and cozy. You have the entire third floor of this beautiful home to yourself, and it includes a large bedroom, sitting room, bathroom, kitchen (where you have access to breakfast foods at all times), and covered porch (with views of Charleston Harbor that cannot be beat). We are big history people, so we loved learning about the background of the house from Cordes.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple