“Good Food”

Ranked #120 of 1,000 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: USD 0 - USD 14
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We were staying in downtown Charleston so we walked to Toast for dinner. The service was quick and the food was good.

Sam M, Owner at Toast Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you so much Maureen. I hope you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful city.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,891)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The place is a “down home” kind of atmosphere. Our food was good, although the Reuben one of my companions ordered had very thick slices of meat that were hard to bite into and a little tough. Our waitstaff person was friendly and engaging.

Thank you so much Sharolyn for the kind review. I am terribly sorry about the Reuben, I am looking into that. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Come Toast! with us again please, it will be our pleasure to have you back.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Food was good, portions generous but a little pricey. Service was a slow. Would not return with so many other options to choose from in Charleston.

Sunseekers67, I am terribly sorry you found our service to be slow. Would you mind emailing me at timmijo@charlestonhospitalitygroup.com (referencing Toast! Charleston and Trip Advisor) so we can better discuss your visit? We take all feedback both positive and negative to grow. I feel like your candor would be very beneficial to us.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We went in before the rush hour for breakfast, and still had to wait a long time for our food. They seem to get backed up in the kitchen which creates a crowd on the street. Perhaps that is part of the mystique about this place. I thought the selections were good, but it was better the last time we ate here.

Hi Leaighb839, I am terribly sorry you found your service to be slow. Would you mind emailing me at timmijo@charlestonhospitalitygroup.com (Referencing Toast! Charleston and Trip Advisor) so we can better discuss your Toast! experiences? I appreciate your observations. Thank you in advance for your time and candor.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Very tasty, could do without the wait for the table but worth the wait! Highly recommend as a breakfast/brunch spot...

Thank you so much dlm3215, sorry for the wait. If you come before 9 it tends to be a faster process. We look forward to Toasting with you again.