“Delicious!”

Muse Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Muse Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 1,011 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: USD 12 - USD 39
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We stumbled upon Muse by accident. We were looking for last minute reservations on a Saturday night for a group of 8 people in Charleston and that's a tall order. We were lucky to find a spot at Muse and they did not disappoint!

Service was efficient, informative and friendly and the decor was historic and exactly what you want for a nice dinner in Charleston.

Several of us had the Shrimp with Polenta dish and it was great. The perfect size and the flavor was delicious. A few others had the filet and although it was not cooked to their spec it was also delicious. One of our friends ordered the crispy sea bass and raved about it all night. The presentation was interesting.

Overall, our dinner here was very nice and I suspect we will return on our next trip to the area.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

A restaurant, warm, romantic, friendly and full of southern hospitality.
Meal was terrific, plenty of menu options, very reasonable wine list. Ultra friendly service. Highly recommend.
Only advice would be to do a upgrade.
Especially bathrooms.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

If you're looking for a place that is different from the touristy places on E. Bay, try this lovely little restaurant on Society Street. So much charm and atmosphere! I had a salad with pickled shrimp added, and the fettucine. The chef accomodated my request to leave out the extra garlic! It was delicious! Very extensive wine list also. I loved it!

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Lovely setting in an old home. Great wine list, great food, great service. Grilled calamari, sea bass and melt in your mouth bolognese with fresh pasta. Highly recommend this charming restaurant

Reviewed 18 February 2017

My wife and I went to the restaurant for Valentine's Day Dinner. The restaurant is located in an older house on Society Street in Charleston. On Valentine's Day, the restaurant had a set menu so, we had a limited number of choices. I think when we made our reservation that this should have been communicated to us. I think that we might have come some other time to take advantage of the regular menu options. However, the food was good and the service was nice as well. The restaurant has an extensive wine list and it was one of the reasons for coming to this place, I assumed that the server would know a little more about the wines but, she seemed not to share it with us. We were left with making our own choices which turned out nicely. The bar in this restaurant was in a small room of this house and it looked warm and inviting. My first impression of Muse is that the house needs renovation but, it is small rooms with a few tables and feels like home. We had a nice time.