1,775 results
All reviews rooftop breakfast great location townhouse suite cookies within walking distance wine and cheese historic district valet parking breakfast is served fourth floor rooftop deck church street main building quiche street noise morning breakfast boutique hotel
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The Andrew Pinckney Inn had the best location / cost ratio of all the B&B's I searched in downtown Charleston. It was an excellent choice! Our room (214) was clean, comfortable & beautifully furnished. The parking lot is tight and small, but hey, parking is limited throughout Charleston. You won't need to move your car; the location of the Inn is perfect for walking around Charleston. Everything: markets, waterfront, carriage tours and restaurants is very close by. The staff is friendly and very knowledgeable about Charleston. They gave us some great recommendations for dining. I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comments of your recent stay at the Andrew Pinckney Inn. We take great pride in prodving the finest guest service and accommodations to make for a most memorable visit to Charleston. We hope to see you again soon and perhaps an even longer stay next time.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Stayed here recently with a friend. While the rate was a bit high, the room was wonderful, the breakfast plentiful and the location fantastic. The staff was friendly and gave good recommendations re: carriage rides and restaurants.

Room Tip: If you get a room that's not right for you, keep asking until you get another that's suitable.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

We are glad to know how much you enjoyed our convenient location in the historic district and the fine recommendations of our staff. We hope to see you again in the future when visiting Charleston.

Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2012

The room assigned to us was like a cave, dark and dingy, musky smell, tiny window.
Once I saw the room I went to reception to ask if there were any alternatives and I described how I felt. I was actually shown something worse! Given the location was good we decided to stick with it. However, on arrival for breakfast the first morning, there was very little choice and to top it, scrambled eggs had run out and would not be replaced! At that point we decided to leave. if the hotel was priced lower, my expectations would be less too. We moved to a hotel priced roughly the same which was excellent, no comparison to the Andrew Pinckney Inn. My advice: there are plenty of alternative hotels in the area - check them out!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank evy l
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

We are disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay for various reasons. Because of the historic nature of the buildings all the rooms will be unique in their own ways including space and natural light. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to WOW you on your next visit to Charleston. Please know that you may contact me directly to persoanlly assist with future accommdations when visiting Charleston.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband booked this hotel for our 5 yr. anniversary weekend. While it is a great location, the rooms are definitely lacking for the money. When I walked into the room I was surprised to see stained carpeting. The bathroom was really small and you can see light around the door. There is very limited parking in the back lot, but there is a parking garage not far down the street which they will pay for. It is a great location, an easy walk to Market St and shops and bars. For the price you pay however I was expecting more in the way of amenities.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent guest experience. We strive to continually enhance our amenities and guest services in order to provide the finest experience possible. We hope that you will return to experience the wonderful enhancements we have planned for the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2012

We sincerely enjoyed staying at the AP Inn and cannot say enough good things about the staff. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The location was really ideal to get into downtown without being on a crowded street. Breakfast was lovely on the deck each morning. I'm not giving the Inn a 5 because of the price vs. room quality. The room we stayed in was clean but the bathroom did have mold in the shower and the sink was very slow to drain. Also, for the price I would expect to have very high quality and abundant linens.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SunnySkiesAhead
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

It is very rewarding to hear the wonderful comments of the service rendered by our hotel staff during your stay. We hope that you will return soon to experience our continued enhancements to beddings and other amenities & services.