“Best Place to Stay in Charleston, SC”

Andrew Pinckney Inn
Ranked #21 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I recently went down to Charleston, SC with my boyfriend, who became my fiance on the trip! Whoo hoo! We stayed at the Andrew Pinckney Inn. They had the best rate in town and were one of the only hotels that had availability. Our room was cozy and decorated with true Charleston charm! Breakfast was included every morning on the rooftop terrace. Not only was the view amazing and a nice way to start each day, but the food was WONDERFUL! Cereal, bagels, croissants, fresh fruit, yogurt, biscuits and gravy and a hot dish every morning. Plus juices and coffee. I found our queen size bed to be a little tiny and swore that it had to be a regular. However, I was not about to complain because the breakfast made up for everything. The hotel experienced a switchover in their reservation system the first night we were there and we were charged incorrectly for our room. Seriously, the hotel receipt did not make sense. But that didn't matter! The staff was so kind and they assured me that they'd charge me what I initially booked the room for and would e-mail me the receipt later...which they did. Because we were staying here the weekend we got engaged, we now have fond memories of this Inn. Regardless, we will be back! One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in!

Room Tip: We stayed in the portion with the 4th floor breakfast terrace. The rooms were a little strange beca...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VEE1225

Reviewed 5 March 2012

It was our first time to Charleston and we will be returning! The Andrew Pinckney Inn is charming. We stayed in a King Deluxe room. The bathroom is a little small - but overall the room is very nice and quiet with a really comfortable bed. The Inn's location is perfect. We were able to walk everywhere.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed the complimentary tea and cookies in the evening. We were delighted with the Inn and will be staying there on our next visit to Charleston.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We enjoyed the Andrew Pinckney Inn experience. Perfect location, a few streets down from Market Street, the horse carriage tours and Hank's Seafood Restaurant. Breakfast was included...a different delicious hot main course (along with juices, fruit salad, biscuits and gravy and fresh coffee) every morning prepared by Sandy, the concierge, who is also trained as a professional chef...enjoyed on the covered balcony. Parking was convenient, although an extra expense. The room was decent and the bed was very comfortable. Hotel staff was very helpful. I would definitely go stay here again.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

If I could rate this a 4.5, I would -- it's better than "very good." The staff was wonderful -- extremely helpful and very friendly. We loved breakfast on the 4th floor terrace overlooking the city & bay. We also stayed in the older portion - our room was large, nicely furnished, bright, clean and quiet. As others have written, it may have been a bit quieter across the street in the building with interior access, but we had no problems with noise. The location at the upper end of Church Street was excellent -- a block from the Market, a block from Meeting Street, and a short walk to terrific restaurants and just about everything in the historic district. We will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

I read the reviews of this inn and had very high expectations. I had no real issues with the inn itself, but I would not rate it 5 starts. The inn itself is in a fantastic location and is very clean. The room we had was not decorated the way the rooms are on the web site. There was nothing on the walls. I would rate it a standard hotel room. If you are looking for a quiet place to go, this is not it. The staff was very friendly, but we are not high maintenance people so we didn't call on them to do much. There are two parts to the hotel, across the street from each other. The older portion has rooms that you access from the outside. You hear all the noises from other guests coming and going and driving up. The walls are a bit on the thin side. Unfortunately we had some very rude neighbors who decided to argue at 1 am and a group of drunk ladies coming in at 2:30 am. Not the inn's fault. I think the newer portion across the street, which has inside access to rooms, would be quieter.

The breakfast was not what was described on these pages. It was standard continental, with one hot dish: eggs. From the reviews, I was expecting quite a bit more. I didn't mind crossing the street as others did...I did mind sitting outside in February. I think the breakfast should be served inside on the 2nd floor where there is additional indoor seating when it's cold outside. But that's just me.

Parking is $15 which I always find outrageous given you're paying $200+ per night, but that's a personal issue. It's pretty standard.

Room Tip: Go across the street.