1,762 results
All reviewsrooftop breakfastgreat locationtownhouse suitecookieswithin walking distancewine and cheesehistoric districtvalet parkingbreakfast is servedfourth floorrooftop deckchurch streetmain buildingquichestreet noisemorning breakfastboutique hotel
Reviewed 5 March 2012

It was our first time to Charleston and we will be returning! The Andrew Pinckney Inn is charming. We stayed in a King Deluxe room. The bathroom is a little small - but overall the room is very nice and quiet with a really comfortable bed. The Inn's location is perfect. We were able to walk everywhere.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed the complimentary tea and cookies in the evening. We were delighted with the Inn and will be staying there on our next visit to Charleston.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We enjoyed the Andrew Pinckney Inn experience. Perfect location, a few streets down from Market Street, the horse carriage tours and Hank's Seafood Restaurant. Breakfast was included...a different delicious hot main course (along with juices, fruit salad, biscuits and gravy and fresh coffee) every morning prepared by Sandy, the concierge, who is also trained as a professional chef...enjoyed on the covered balcony. Parking was convenient, although an extra expense. The room was decent and the bed was very comfortable. Hotel staff was very helpful. I would definitely go stay here again.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

If I could rate this a 4.5, I would -- it's better than "very good." The staff was wonderful -- extremely helpful and very friendly. We loved breakfast on the 4th floor terrace overlooking the city & bay. We also stayed in the older portion - our room was large, nicely furnished, bright, clean and quiet. As others have written, it may have been a bit quieter across the street in the building with interior access, but we had no problems with noise. The location at the upper end of Church Street was excellent -- a block from the Market, a block from Meeting Street, and a short walk to terrific restaurants and just about everything in the historic district. We will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

I read the reviews of this inn and had very high expectations. I had no real issues with the inn itself, but I would not rate it 5 starts. The inn itself is in a fantastic location and is very clean. The room we had was not decorated the way the rooms are on the web site. There was nothing on the walls. I would rate it a standard hotel room. If you are looking for a quiet place to go, this is not it. The staff was very friendly, but we are not high maintenance people so we didn't call on them to do much. There are two parts to the hotel, across the street from each other. The older portion has rooms that you access from the outside. You hear all the noises from other guests coming and going and driving up. The walls are a bit on the thin side. Unfortunately we had some very rude neighbors who decided to argue at 1 am and a group of drunk ladies coming in at 2:30 am. Not the inn's fault. I think the newer portion across the street, which has inside access to rooms, would be quieter.

The breakfast was not what was described on these pages. It was standard continental, with one hot dish: eggs. From the reviews, I was expecting quite a bit more. I didn't mind crossing the street as others did...I did mind sitting outside in February. I think the breakfast should be served inside on the 2nd floor where there is additional indoor seating when it's cold outside. But that's just me.

Parking is $15 which I always find outrageous given you're paying $200+ per night, but that's a personal issue. It's pretty standard.

Room Tip: Go across the street.
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We just got back from a week in Charleston. We found the inn to be in a great location...downtown where we could walk to everything! The only time we took our car out was to go to one of the plantations about 25 minutes out of town. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable enough (just a little firm for my taste). The only noise that bothered us was from the street sweeper that came down the street right outside our window at o'dark thirty...LOUD! Other than that...we slept just fine! The staff in the lobby is super helpful...like having your own built-in concierge service! The breakfast up on the 4th floor was nothing to write home about for sure. They only provided eggs on Thursday and Friday during our stay...not sure what that was about. Two tips I have are to be sure to print out the coupon here on TripAdvisor for free parking...that saved us $15.00 a day. And go to the Charleston Vistor Center website...you can print out a coupon for the Andrew Pinckney Inn for $10.00 off per night! They accepted both of my coupons at check-out, no questions asked! This inn is a great value because of the cleanliness, the location, and the personal service from the lobby staff.

Room Tip: Higher floors will likely keep you from hearing the clip-clop of the horse and carriages going by and the street sweeper!
3  Thank Lisa C
AndrewPinckneyInn, General Manager at Andrew Pinckney Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for choosing the Andrew Pinckney Inn for such a special celebration. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful comments of our fine guest service provided to you. We hope that you will visit again soon for any occasion.

Best Regards,