“Steak & Service the Right Way! Great!”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Ranked #99 of 211 Restaurants in Bluffton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2017

My wife & I dropped into the Outback for an early dinner. This restaurant chain is consistent with good steaks & service with a smile. We both ordered the filet on a skewer with broccoli sides. My wife added the sweet potatoe & I opted for clam chowder. Our waitress "Miss Karina" was excellent. She promptly took our order & shared a beautiful smile. This lady is great, she stopped back several times to see how we were doing & thanked us for visiting.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This place ruined a family dinner. I have not seen my son for a long time and he wanted to come here for dinner. The only good part was that it didn't take long to get a table. That should have been a clue. Salads came out fine. We ordered 2 steaks with one having crab legs. Both steaks were way over cooked and dry. The crabs have still not shown up at our table and it has been longer than 20 minutes since the steaks arrived. An onion was in my fries which makes me ill. We asked to see the manager. It took over 15 minutes for the manager to arrive at our table. Finally after another 10 minutes a new steak and crab legs arrived. Their excuse for not getting to our table was they were busy. The place is half empty. Their empty "we are sorry" didn't cut it. They ruined our family dinner with my son!!! This place made me cry. This Outback would never last where I live! As of right now they are still making us pay for a disgusting dinner of over cooked steaks, onion in my food and waiting for ever to get a whole dinner of steak and crab legs. If I could rate this place wit less than one I would. The manager was condescending to us! Don't ever talk down to me!!!

1  Thank Lynda B
OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Hey Lynda,

We're disappointed to hear that you experienced some issues during your visit. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Bluffton, SC". We can then correspond directly over email.

Lacey

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We like to sit at the bar when it's date night. We get better service though at the sit down tables. I didn't feel like it was up to par tonight. The bartender seemed annoyed when we just ordered a drink and soup. They forgot a spoon but were quick to replace it. The food was great, like the onion and clam chowder. We asked for a to go tea and waited forever then just left. Never got our receipt. And they never asked for our member number. Very disappointed with the service. :(

1  Thank 4dealchic
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

There was certainly a reason that there was no wait to get into Outback one evening during dinner. Our family of four each ordered a steak- and 3 of the 4 steaks were cooked incorrectly. Before the sever left the table we tried to tell them about the steak and they simply walked away and avoided our table. We were not rude or disrespectful in anyway-- just wanted the correct order.

1  Thank jennmoses06
OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

This isn't the service you should have experienced. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Bluffton, SC". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Absolutely terrible service in terms of time we waited and orders being incorrect. We ended up spending over 2 hrs. on a Sunday evening (not because we wanted to be there for 2 hours) for a party of 4 people. We called ahead for seating, but still had to wait a long time for a table to be cleaned. (There were available tables, but none were clean.) My friend finally cleaned a table herself so we could be seated. It was downhill from there. The assistant manager on duty did come to talk to us, and at the end did reduce our bill, but that didn't make up for the amount of time we spent waiting and our frustration at being brought the wrong items. The other people in my group said they had had similar poor service on previous occasions, but never this bad. None of us will go back again.

2  Thank King_NCRetired