All reviews full kitchen free laundry front desk hilton head cracker barrel an extended stay ice maker parris island bed and pillows home away from home cook top spacious bathroom queen suite okatie ale house sun city the rooms were nice quiet location
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Can’t believe seeing snow at Hilton Head S C but it did and I must say I was so glad to be staying at the Castlewood Suites they were excellent with keeping up to date on the storm and had everything there to make our stay excellent can not thank the help enough you want a exceptional place to stay stay at Castlewwod Suites

1  Thank gmikeper
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Such friendly, hospitable, welcoming employees. Theresa, Rhonda and the head maintenance man were so welcoming. A very clean, quiet, comfortable room. Had everything we could possibly need for our one night's stay. Only negative was the disinfectant smell entering the lobby area. I believe this was due to constant wiping g of the entryway due to moisture.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toadhollowtravellers
Reviewed 7 January 2018

On the evening of the snowstorm that hit South Carolina and literally closed I-95 south for endless hours, my twin 13 year old sons and I knew we would have difficulty finding a hotel at the last moment. After spending 15 hours on the road (half of them just sitting on I-95 while it was closed), we longed for a place to relax. All hotels within a 20 mile radius were booked. The gentleman at the front desk of this hotel was kind enough to give us permission to stay in the lobby and out of the cold. Otherwise, we would have had to stay in the car in freezing temps overnight. He brought us the remote for the t.v., and we got comfortable in the chairs, assuming they would be our beds for the night. Threasa, the morning shift gal, came to greet us in her pj's, for she was also aware of our situation. She and the gentleman had been given rooms because of the storm. When she saw us hunkering down in the lobby chairs and quite exhausted, she offered us her room for the night. The gentleman on night shift gave her his room so we could have hers. At first, I was hesitant to accept because I didn't want to put her out of her room, but she insisted. She immediately took us to her room, cleared out all of her belongings, and wished us a good night's sleep. My two boys and I were so grateful to have a warm, soft bed (we all three huddled in the queen bed) and bathroom. We slept like babies and were able to get back on the road the next morning. Threasa was a gift from God that night, and I can't say enough about her warmth, selflessness, and generosity.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kpbutu
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

My husband, two year old daughter and I checked into this hotel overnight to spend Christmas with family in Hilton Head. I noticed shortly after the room was joined to another room. After an hour or so, the occupant checked in. He was a bit loud (which was ok at first). A few minutes later, the loud talking was accompanied by loud music, which I didn’t want my daughter mimicking later, so I phoned the front desk. Threasa answered very pleasantly. I explained what was going on, and without any hesitation she offered to move my family to another floor in a newly renovated room. She also gave me a $20 credit for being inconvenienced. I told her this was my third time staying at Candlewood and we definitely wouldn’t allow this one experience stop us from returning.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2017

My husband always books my trips for me. I always request Candlewood because of Mrs. Rhonda. The hotel is nice, but she is beyond amazing. It is like staying with family when I check in. She calls me by name. And ALWAYS has a smile for everyone. She is the main reason for the excellent ratings of this place.

Room tip: Rooms on lower floors are cooler.
Date of stay: November 2017