“Grewt food, fabulous service”

Bella Napoli Italian Bistro
Ranked #74 of 169 Restaurants in Beaufort
Price range: USD 10 - USD 35
Description: From the Old Country to The Lowcountry, Bella Napoli Italian Bistro creates timeless and authentic Italian cuisine - from pasta to veal, chicken, seafood, and delicious selection of pizzas and sandwiches. Great for family dinners, special events, or a romantic evening for two, come savor the flavors of our favorite Italian classics.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

From the time we walked in, we were treated with great attention. Mario served us personally to our seats and checked on us throughout dinner. We had the antipasti appetizer and was great. I had fruti di mare and my wife had chicken picatta. Both were outstanding. Several employees checked on us throughout the meal which made us feel welcome. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Dinner delighted the four of us, much better than I had expected. Yes, a very good Italian restaurant in Beaufort, go figure! Service was par excellence, and food was flavorful, served hot and desserts were wonderful. The veal piccata was tender, the shank was plentiful and all the pasta was cooked perfectly and paired with delicious sauces. I would recommend this. We went on a Friday night, so it was busy, a bit loud. Proportions and pricing were reasonable, don't believe all the negative comments - mangia mangia !!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Dinner at our newest Italian restaurant was quite good. Each of the four of us tried something different and they were all good. The menu was basically a a carte and therefore the cost became expensive. I refused to order a glass of wine because I felt the prices were out of line and even though someone else was picking up the tab I will not order house wine at twice the average local cost. Our server was very good and was very knowledgeable about the menu. We chose to order 1 house salad and 1 caprese salad, with 2 of us sharing each. The house salad was large enough that a 3rd person could have shared it. Their bread was great; crusty on the outside and soft on the inside it was warm on its arrival at the table. I did not care for the dipping oil as the flavor seemed to be overpowered by a vinegary taste even after we had Parmesan added. The bread would have been excellent with soft, real butter. My veal piccata was tender and the flavor was delicious. My side of pasta was huge. I brought home enough leftover pasta and sauce for two more servings. We ordered 4 different desserts and sampled each. Three of us ordered coffee but as they did not have any decaf available, our 4th did without. I think any restaurant should have decaf in its menu because of health issues. I found the coffee way too strong for my taste as did the next true coffee afficiando, who consumes multiple servings of black coffee, all day, every day. I get the portions were way too large; wish they offered smaller "senior" servings so that I don't take lots of leftovers home. It was the small issues that caused me to give this restaurant only 4 stars. We had good food and good service and I would return.

1  Thank Kitty W
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We finally got to try out the new Italian restaurant in town, and boy were we pleased. Between being welcomed by the owner, Marion, and the excellent food; this is the place to go for Italian. We stopped in for a Sunday brunch after church in Port Royal. Just a short 5 minute drive, but I thought I was is Italy. Antonio, our server, was attentive and informative. My chicken parmigiana was perfect, my wife's mussel app' and Caesar Salad were spot on. Don't just drive by, stop in for a great meal.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Although the service was excellent, the food was not. I got the mussels as an appetizer which were tasteless, and the veal parmigiana, which wasn't much better. However, the dessert (tiramisu) was very good. We went there to be with friends, so even though the food wasn't that good and I wouldn't recommend it, nor will I be going back, it was an enjoyable evening.