All reviews room was clean jimmy johns budget hotel mini fridge and microwave an older property would stay again coffee maker outdoor pool the breakfast area free breakfast front desk clerk close to downtown paris island visiting beaufort bay street marine marsh
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Difference between a motel and hotel. Motel doors and elevators face outside. This place is old and showing its age. Mold in bathrooms. Rust on doors. Uncomfortable bed. Hotel staff was very nice and the only upside

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

shout out to marcus. he was one of the front desk ppl and was an absolute pleasure to meet. everyone was so
helpful. nice pool. location is close to the downtown area. shopping centers near by. rooms were big and beds were comfy. great time!

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Macey B
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Had a bit of a rough start, but a fabulous finish after a 6 day stay. Rooms are older ,beds were great, tubs need either a safety bar or some texture on the bottom. Some TV stations fuzzy, but most worked. Had trouble with NBC and ABC reception. Staff was above and beyond helpful, see below.
I was in town to visit my brother battling cancer, so had last minute reservations starting, right as Navy graduations were taking place, so I started out in a room right across from the ice machine, that was kind of miserable at 6:30 A.M. but they were full and I needed some easy parking lot access. As soon as possible they moved my room. My brother has a serious cancer battle going on , and Marcus at the front desk was praying for him and inquired after him when he saw me, the morning Breakfast Gal , Toni,(and her co-worker) was also active with a prayer chain for us , and took great care of us and the breakfast room. She kept it clean and the food hot, and for once I actually enjoyed my morning motel decaf. coffee. It was a place to prepare for the day with my sister.Toni also made up a take out breakfast for my brother-in-law who wasn't feeling well, and I saw her go over and make some people up a good waffle when they were uncertain about doing it well , and decided just to skip it , she came over with a lovely steaming waffle for them. I was able to thank these employees for their prayers and ask them to keep it up as my brother left the hospital looking like himself again, not so wracked by pain. The manager also gave me an upgrade to microwave refrigerator double room so I could save a little on food, for free! as they have a policy of extra consideration for people in town to visit people in the hospital. They also help out people in trouble and were working in concert with a local charity getting food to some people staying there. Every single employee I encountered was very nice and helpful. My beds were great, other concerns kept me from sleeping well. It was a quiet location , except for those marine families on graduation days. After that was over it was bird song by the marsh, and a nice location back in off the road. Trees dripping with Spanish moss.

Room Tip: My North end room quiet,atmospheric. Avoid ice machines and stairwells. Noisy on 2 grad. mornings. Rest of the time peaceful.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane F
Reviewed 25 January 2018

This hotel was great! Yes, the building and rooms are old, at least 30 years old; I know because I lived in Beaufort when this property was built as a Holiday Inn. However, the room was very clean and comfortable. No noise even though the hotel was filled with families for boot camp graduation. We will definitely look at staying here again when we return for our own recruit's graduation. I gave this hotel only 4 stars overall because we had multiple difficulties with our room key cards. A shout out to Myra--she was super helpful and, upon checkout, remembered we were in town to be with our son in the hospital and asked about him.

Room Tip: We liked our first room--4th floor king bed. Really quiet on 4th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2018

If you can afford to spend another $30 a night or so, definitely DO! We could and should have! This is a very old building. There is only one elevator and the frame around the door on the ground floor has a rust hole that goes clear through it. The elevator makes all kinds of noise, and isn't convenient to most of the rooms. We had a room on the third floor toward the back of the complex, and had to roll our luggage clear to the front of the complex, down the yanky elevator and then back our to our parking spot. The rooms did seem clean but were sparse beyond belief. We were there for Marine Corp graduation, and there are a number of hotels equally close to the base as this one. We had our daughter in a room with a double bed, and believe me, that is about all there was in the room and with only one bedside table and a tiny table with two chairs. We were in a king room which did have a table on each side but the chair in the room was faux leather with an ottoman and half the vinyl was worn off of it. It was during the big Winter storm of January 2018, and we had to walk clear to the front of the complex and go downstairs or the rickety elevator to get to the breakfast in front. Outside concrete walkways, no interior hallways so you hear every suitcase that rolls by your door. It was "average" for a hotel in the category of the Quality. Nothing to brag about but it was there. The beds were reasonably comfortable with could have used more pillows. Also some of the employees working in the breakfast area were covered with tattoos and piercings...judgemental? Maybe, but just saying...If you have to stay there, do ask for a room towards the front if you want to use the elevator or go to the breakfast area. And it did seem clean but in spite of the price, I had expected it not to be so run down. The building is just OLD and it shows. The Brick on Boundary was a nice pub style restaurant convenient to the hotels, and we ate there twice. Very good, and there is a Starbucks in front of the hotel but we didn't stop in there.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the front are easier to access the one elevator, office and breakfast.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family