“Awesome Place”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: railroad Avenue
Transit: Amtrak Station located across the street.
Ashaway, Rhode Island, United States
“Awesome Place”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Haven't met a person who doesn't like this place. My favorite meal was the organic tomatoe salad I had during one summer season.

North Providence, Rhode Island, United States
“Dirtiest Kitchen I have ever seen,!!!”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My wife and I had eaten here a number of time before the food was good but today I was treated to way over cooked fries and a basically rare instead of Medium rare burger, we were seated by the kitchen where we could see what was going on and If I had been a health dept inspector I would have had to shut them down ,the counters were filthy as was the floor ,waitresses were pouring soups and spilling it all over the floors , no one cleaned anything, it look like the dishwasher was also the deep fryer operator. I found it so disgusting that We will never set foot in there again.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Chris G
Rhode Island
“A Saturday Night Dinner - very good Steakhouse Nachos”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My wife and I had the opportunity to dine at 84 High Street this past Saturday night. The restaurant is semi-local to us, about 30 miles away from home. I had heard about this venue for a while, but hadn’t had the chance to check it out. So, we made reservations via OpenTable and stopped in. We were greeted by the hostess who asked us if we were new to the area, we said no, and that we just hadn’t had the chance to get this far south for dinner and she exclaimed, “What took you so long!” with a big smile. She then told us that the restaurant had recently won some Best of Rhode Island awards in 2010. They put placed us in a cute little table in the window of the restaurant that was semi-secluded. The view looked out the full glass windows and onto High Street and the park across as well. It was a clear Saturday night and it was pretty. The window view actually is the front of the restaurant where you would expect to find the main entrance, however the front door is secured as part of the main window wall (which also has running lights all along the window borders), and not accessible; patrons enter from the side of the building via the parking lot where one enters the bar area and meets the hostess. The décor is friendly with desert-like hues and metallic figures holding hands under low-lighting. Otherwise, brick walls line the restaurant and an open area where you can see the line cooks from the tables. It’s an appealing place to eat. We ordered an appetizer, the Steakhouse Nachos. It was an unique Nacho Dish that can with multi-colored tortilla chips that we baked with slices of steak, feta cheese, eggplant, tomatoes and a couple of other items. The chips came with a Blue Cheese dip rather than Salsa. It was different and delicious. My wife ordered a Chicken and Artichoke dish that she found okay. I actually had it for lunch the next day, and I added my leftover green beans from my plate as well as Anchovies and Pepper Flakes that really made it great. Without my sprucing it up, it was a little bland. I had a Queen’s Cut (16oz) Prime Rib that was tender with very little fat. I thought it was the best piece of Prime Rib that I have had in years. It came with Garlic Mashed, the aforementioned Green Beans, Cauliflower and Carrots. I finished all but the green beans, which I happily brought home. Unfortunately, we found the dessert menu a bit lacking, and the one dessert we would have ordered was the Pumpkin Cheese Cake, which we were informed by our waitress was not servable due to not setting correctly in the middle. The cooks found in mushy and wouldn’t release. I guess that’s a good thing, but we left with our sweet tooth unsatisfied, so we each picked up a small container of Ben and Jerry’s on the way home and enjoyed our dessert while watching movies at home. A nice night; a decent dinner. I might not travel 30 miles especially to return, but were I in the area during the day, I wouldn’t hesitate to check out their lunch and partake in the Nachos again.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank DaveEB310
Arkville, New York
“They know their stuff”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We went during restaurant week. It was 3 courses, $25. The clam chowder was great. Grilled steak done just the way I like it and the Tira Mi Su was superb. Imaginative wine list.

• Visited October 2011
CT
“Return visit did not disappoint”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We took our inlaws for a meal at 84 High St. Made a reservation on line and was seated with in 5 minutes of arrival while there was a 1 hour wait for walk in. The food was quite good as well as the Waitress. The bus boy/server struggled a bit spilling a little chowder on table and forgetting soup spoons and steak knife. Waitress was quite attentive though.
My MIL enjoyed the special and the waitress hand wrote a copy of the recipe for her to take home. Such a nice thing and unexpected.
Meal was very good and we will return.

• Visited September 2011