“Nice Outdoor Spot”
Review of Bridge

Bridge
Reserve with OpenTable
Bridge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 144 Restaurants in Westerly
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

This is a great place for a casual summer evening meal. The outdoor dining area is an island-like platform with the river flowing by on either side. The food and service were good, if not spectacular. The fish and chips were above average and the seafood stew was tasty. All in all, a positive experience.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

In a recent visit to RI, my hubby, Mom and I dined here once, and then we returned for Sunday brunch with my brother. Both visits were fun and the food was excellent. The service was also especially nice the first time (an outstanding hostess, very kind to my elderly Mom) and lovely the second time as well.

The menu has a great vegetarian section - a plus for me. I get bored with the veg fare that most restaurants add as an afterthought on the menu. I particularly liked the grilled squash sandwich. Hubby had the Bridge Gumbo one time and declared it very tasty. His second visit (brunch) - fish tacos, which he said were light and good as well. (Very creative brunch menu; see website.)

If ever we were in the 'hood, we'd definitely go again. There's a nice section of outdoor seating.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

My wife and I (Senior citizens) went to the Bridge last Wednesday expecting a great meal. We did not have reservations and it was approximately 5:30 with very few customers actually in the restaurant. We were told there were no tables availale inside so we opted to sit outside on a covered patio. We were shown our table and that was the last we saw of any service. When we were seated there were only one other table occupied and 3 waiters/waitresses standing around. After more than 15 minutes with several servers coming and going and waiting on two more tables that showed up after we did, we decided to take our business elsewhere. Just down the road Guytanno's International Restaurant had great food AND service.

1  Thank Bobby C
Reviewed 17 August 2017

The greasiest Calamari and overcooked! The vegetarian eggplant sandwich had no flavor and the eggplant was so full of grease it came pouring out when you picked up the sandwich! Way overpriced!

1  Thank Jonathan B
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Recently visited this area and went here for dinner both nights. It's a really nice place to eat with pretty views. We like the menu.

Why I gave it an average rating is that the 2nd night they had a stuffed flounder special with risotto. We specifically asked what it was stuffed with because we don't eat gluten and our waitress said it was just stuffed with risotto.

After a couple bites we noticed that it was not stuffed with risotto at all. We asked our waitress and she went to go ask what was in it (which she should have known BEFORE we ordered it). Come to find out it was ritz crackers and crab meat. If we had a high gluten sensitivity this could have caused issues and if we were allergic to shellfish we could have ended up in the hospital. The waitress didn't seem all too concerned and did not take anything off the bill. I would have expected more knowledgeable staff at this restaurant and at least an apology from a Manager on site.