All reviews eggs room was clean two queen beds rhode island tucked away indoor pool office area booked this hotel short drive paper plates would stay here again waffle maker enjoyed my stay providence desk couch layout
Reviewed 1 October 2018

It is always interesting when searching for a hotel for a city that you are planning to visit. Tripadvisor has a good setup and you can find something that is moderately priced and good quality. The SpringHill Suites was very good and had a very good breakfast for the deal. The problem is that this hotel is not easy to find by chance - you would have to go through the Internet to find it. That is because the hotel is not visible from the road and the signage to get to it from I-95 is not that good. The hotel is literally tucked away. Another minor issue is that the exit numbering is different, depending what direction that you are coming from - it is Exit 8B when coming on I-95 North and Exit 8 when going I-95 South. I paid for this oversight when I blew past Exit 8 (looking for 8B), coming from Providence on Saturday night. The exit numbering on the Interstates in Rhode Island leaves a lot to be desired.

Room tip: Second floor seems to be best
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken N
Reviewed 16 September 2018

My spouse and I had a rather disappointing week-long stay at the SpringHill Suites in West Warwick in August 2018. We have stayed at many Marriott properties over the years, and this property did not meet our expectations for a Marriott property.

Our room was nice but there were several deficiencies in the services provided by this SpringHill Suites. The quality of the breakfast was uneven, and the breakfast area was often rather crowded. The variety of items was limited: for example, no tea is provided in the beverage area at breakfast or any other time of the day.

Housekeeping at this SpringHill Suites was uneven. On some days, two sets of towels were left whereas on other days three sets were provided. Trash pickup in our room was missed one day.

Both of the dryers in the guest laundry room appear to be very old. One of the two dryers had a worn hand-lettered sign on it that read "Out of Order." The other dryer took over 90 minutes to dry a load of medium-weight cotton clothes. Now, is this good service?

Having stayed at the Comfort Suites across the street from the SpringHill Suites on many occasions over the past six or eight years - including in August 2018 - that Choice property will henceforth be our preferred hotel in this area.

Room tip: Try the Comfort Suites across the street!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Maura O, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Providence West Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

WorldTravellerMan,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review based on your recent stay with the SpringHill Suites in West Warwick. We apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations while you were with us. Please note that if you decide to stay with us in the future, we do offer tea and hot chocolate in the drawers directly under the coffee/hot water machine in the lobby twenty four hours a day. We have shared your comments regarding housekeeping and guest laundry to management in order to make improvements with our property.

Thank you again for your time.

Maura O'Halloran

Reviewed 24 August 2018

We had a very positive experience here. The room was clean and huge for a suite! We did not feel like we were on top of each other. The breakfast offered healthy options and had MUCH variety. The price was great.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a family event and everything was just fine. Clean room, comfortable bed, decent breakfast.. all good. The room was expensive for the quality of the hotel,but not crazy expensive. Overall, we were very satisfied

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BobonLongIsland
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

If I could give this place negative stars, I would. My mother, infant daughter and I checked in on Saturday, July 14th, 2018. Immediately when I walked in the room, I smelled...mold. We stayed until Monday the 16th and I requested someone resolve the smell issue Saturday and Sunday. No one ever came. There was mold near the pool, there was rust around the door jams. The box spring under the bed we slept on was soiled. Do you think they covered it? Put a bed skirt on it? No, the age and dirtiness was there for everyone to see. We spent almost $500 to stay in a place that was disgusting and a health hazard to my child, and when my mother emailed to complain, she was offered more points, rather than a partial refund. Why would she want the points if our room was so nasty? I would never frequent a Springhill Suites by Marriott again, and I would tell all my friends and family never to stay in one. The offering of 20,000 points and not a refund of any kind is an insult, a quite frankly, that’s why I’m here leaving this review. Our stay was terrible, and I will state again, a breathing hazard for my 5 month old, which the staff at this hotel DID NOTHING to rectify. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. IT IS DISGUSTING!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank semorakismet1213
Maura O, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Providence West Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

semorakismet1213,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review based on your experience with the SpringHill Suites in West Warwick.

Please know that your comments have been taken to the highest consideration and have been communicated to all departments of the hotel, including upper management. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations.
Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to West Warwick.

Maura O'Halloran