“Everything great except climate control!”

Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. It worked well for that. The meeting rooms and food was good. My hotel room was large and quiet, and incredibly affordable at the conference rate. Location was easy to find in suburban area not too far from the airport. It's a long ways from downtown Providence but that's not why we were there. It was close to Goddard State Park on the coast which was beautiful for walking. Grocery store was close, but no refrigerator in the room. One would fit easily in the spacious area under the large counter with two sinks. Climate control in rooms and meeting areas was strange. You set the temperature and it alternates putting out hot and cold air to always keep it right at that temperature. In colder weather, I'm used to only using the heater, setting the thermostat to a temperature, and the heater only comes on when the temperature drops below that. In this hotel, if the temperature drops below the thermostat set temperature, the heater comes on, the room temperature increases, and then the air conditioner comes on to reverse it. Having the air conditioner come on in the winter and blast out cold air just because the heater made the room one degree warmer than the thermostat was not fun. Be prepared in the meeting room to be taking jackets and scarves off and on minute to minute as air constantly blasts out alternating between heat and air conditioning!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 November 2011

We stayed here for a conference my husband was attending. After reading some reviews in advance, I wasn't too excited about staying there, but it was actually just fine. Our room was huge and quiet, and the meal we had in the bar was good. Our room was due for some updating of decor but was clean. I was disappointed that the pool was closed for remodeling, but otherwise no complaints.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Warwick attending an American Birding ASsociation convention in Oct 2010. The hotel occupies a big compound. It is located apart from any building and you need a car to get around anywhere. Anyhow, the rooms are spacious and the facilities excellent.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I stayed here on a business/ leisure trip over the Columbus Day weekend. The room was very nice and fully updated, with a big bathroom area and lots of space.

The bar was very nicely decorated, with a wood-paneled feel, and offered micro-brews at $4.00 a pint.

The hotel was exceptionally helpful, offers exceptional rates and is a great hotel if staying south of Provodence.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank timfromnj
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My husband and I reserved a room...1 king bed exce sleep...for a conference. I made the reservation 3 months ahead of time. We got our business partner to attend also. He made his reservations at least 2 months after us. When we checked in they told me they did not have any king beds only doubles. I explained that I had reserved the room and had a confirmation for the king size bed. I was told they do not guarantee bed sizes. When I asked to speak with the manager, they said that the manager was not there. I asked for him/her to call me. I did receive a call...went to the front desk only to find out that I was lied to...the manager was there...saw her earlier, spoke to her earlier. Additionally I had asked our business partner what size bed he had and he was given a king size bed. He checked in AFTER me. I asked her how this could have happened, to which she did not answer only reiterating we can not guarantee the bed size. I will NEVER stay at this property again. Additionally NO WHERE on my email confrmation does it say that the bed size is not guaranteed!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business