“Seafood Cassolette”

providence oyster bar
Ranked #231 of 314 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Was here to compare the lobster bisque soup with the Redstone chain one. Need to admit Redstone is much more better. The seafood cassolette was not as tasty as expected. Gratefully we had a nice service.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Well, there aren't many options here at PVD but I have to think a sandwich to go would have been a better decison. My wife and I spent almost $50 to be disappointed in the slow service and mediocre food. The chowder is about as thick as a glass of tea. The fried oyster appetizer was actually very good, but $15 for like 4.5 oysters on useless kale.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Service was slower than expected as it wasn't that busy...had to ask a few times to get my beverages and check at the end of the end of the meal. It would be great if airport eateries, especially sit down ones had more outlets to charge phones and devices. I was surprised by the lack of available outlets.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

There's a dearth of good places to eat at TFGreen, and this is probably the best of them. We passed security around 7.30pm and luckily looked immediately for somewhere to eat as everywhere, including this, closed for custom at 8. Maybe if we came at lunchtime the service would be more willing, our waiter was clearly not pleased when we showed up and those coming within 10 minutes of last orders were told it was closed.
We chose the easiest things off the menu - caesar salad and a bowl of chowder as there's not much to go wrong. They were ok but certainly a long way from being memorably good.
Maybe now the airport is ramping up as an international airport as well as a domestic one, restaurants will see a commercial benefit in providing something more than fast food. I hope so as I will be passing though here quite often for a while.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were leaving for DC out of TFgreen and we decided to have a quick bite before our flight. When the waitress came to take our order I could tell something was wrong and soon as I went to order I found out what the problem was... they had no food!! For example, out of the four salads they offer they only had one available. I ordered a Caesar salad with a piece of salmon. She told me they were out of salmon. I mean I couldn’t believe it. They shouldn’t even be open if they are out of practically everything on the menu. Due to time constraints we decided to order anyway and let me tell you it was absolutely awful. I knew it wasn’t going to be the best meal but it was practically inedible. Do yourselves a favor and never go here $100 and it was horrible!!