“Great Seafood & Doughboys On The Beach!”
Review of Iggy's Doughboys

Iggy's Doughboys
Ranked #4 of 314 Restaurants in Warwick
Price range: USD 0 - USD 15
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Iggy's Doughboys & Chowder House, a Rhode Island dining landmark with two fabulous locations, Warwick and Narragansett. Iggy's has been awarded Best Clam Shack honors from Rhode Island Monthy and featured nationally on CBS's The Early Show as their pick for the Best Clam Chowder as part of their: Taste of America.
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I went to my birthstate of Rhode Island back in August. While there, I made my must-eat trip to Iggy's Doughboys & Clamcakes in Warwick (I can't go to RI and then leave without a few things, eating some food from Iggy's being one of them). It's not haute cuisine, and it's not something you'd likely take your boss out to if you want to impress them with high-end stuff. If you want some fine and simple shoreline food that tastes good at some great prices, here's a place you need to go to!
The mainstays here are New England shoreline food. Clamcakes, fried clams, clam chowder, doughboys (fried dough with your choice of cinnamon-sugar or powdered cinnamon on it), and the unique Rhode Island snack of stuffies (quahogs that have had the meat pulled out, mixed with herbs and breadcrumbs, cooked, and put back in). If you want to lose weight, this is not the place for you. Clamcakes are balls of clam meat and breadcrumbs that are fried up, for those who don't know; very fattening and very addictive. They also make their own soda that's really amazing as well (as well as carrying the great RI soda brand Yacht Club). I always get 1/2 dozen clamcakes and a 1/2 dozen doughboys whenever I come here, as well as get some of their soda. Service can be slow in summer when it's busy, but it's worth it!

iggysboardwalk, Marketing/Social Media Coordinator at Iggy's Doughboys, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Thank you for visiting us. We really appreciate your kind review and hope to see you again the next time you visit Rhode Island. Don't forget our Iggy's Boardwalk, located right next to Iggy's Doughboys & Chowder House. We offer much of the same fare as the Chowder House but offer a more extensive menu. We provide a full service, sit down, dining experience with a full bar. Our traditional New England atmosphere tops off your experience.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Upon walking in, I expected an "all fried" menu because of the casual atmosphere. Don't let it fool you because the food was fresh and delicious. The grilled swordfish was amazing and my bestie had the Lobster Roll, which you can get with or without the mayo. Of course, we got the Doughboys for dessert. YUM! Will be back if I'm in town again.

iggysboardwalk, Marketing/Social Media Coordinator at Iggy's Doughboys, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you for dining with us. We are thankful for your 5 Star review! We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

This place has the best doughboys in the area great place out by Oakland Beach when it's a nice day and the weather is acceptable go in with a shirt and jeans or some shorts if it's not to cold out sitting out by the water is one thing sitting out by the water eating a fresh warm doughboy I can't think of anything else to do on a Monday-Friday or a weekend

iggysboardwalk, Marketing/Social Media Coordinator at Iggy's Doughboys, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you for the kind review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

White Clam chowder should be called potato soup with almost no clams . Just average at best . The clear chowder my husband had was like drinking flavorless water with potatoes. Crab cakes were fried dough. I saw one or two small clams hidden . The highlight was stuffed quahog ( baked clam) . That was decent but not a reason to come . We heard it was a local favorite but it seems more like a tourist trap for people who never eat real seafood .

1  Thank Lisa Y

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to change your opinion. Please don't hesitate to ask for a manager at the time of your visit with any concerns you may have.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We had friends from out of town and wanted to enjoy one last seafood meal before dropping them off at the airport in Providence. Iggy's did not disappoint! We ordered two lobster rolls and a fish n' chips. Everything was super fresh and delicious. Probably my favorite part of the meal was the clam chowder, which can be ordered white, red or clear. I never knew chowder could be prepared so many different ways! I ordered the red clam chowder, which was tomato broth based - a fresh alternative to the traditional chowder. I'm sure this place is crazy during the summer season, but it's definitely worth checking out.

iggysboardwalk, Marketing/Social Media Coordinator at Iggy's Doughboys, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank you for visiting us and introducing us to your out of town friends. We appreciate your kind words and positive review. Hope to see you again soon.