“Lunch. ”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beautiful waterfront family restaurant serving the freshest locally caught seafood great drink specials
Reviewed 14 December 2015 via mobile

I heard good things about this restaurant so we decided to take a drive and have lunch. View is fabulous. Service was ok. Our waiter was friendly. My husband ordered scallops and asked if he could have them broiled instead of fried . They accomdated him and his meal was good. Unfortunately mine was not. I had to send the fish back because it was not fresh and smelled of ammonia. I just lost my appetite. Waiter very sorry and meal was taken off the bill. If I go back, I'll order a Burger. They looked awesome.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

now I do not scay this to be mean. the chef does an outstanding job on other than seafood. However the regular food was great. do not kill the messenger,ok. . the pasta dishes were great and the chicken parm was very good. I like these meals better than seafood anyway. However my wife had the lobster sandwich the last time we were here and the sandwich was outstanding. When we go for burgers they also are great. I like my fries very well done and they do that.
the service is very good and the water view is great as well. so it is a place I would say go to without question but the seafood,well, not so much. very nice people by the way who take care of your needs.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Looking to celebrate our birthdays my wife and I found this quaint little place on the shores of Greenwich Bay. It was a gorgeous Sunday and we opted to sit out on the deck overlooking the adjacent marina. As we watched the boats of all sizes and types come and go, we enjoyed excellent cocktails. We started with white chowder (or chowdah as we pronounce it in RI) and raw little neck clams. The chowder was thick and tasty and the little necks were served with an excellent sauce over shaved ice. My wife ordered a lobster salad sandwich that was so big and chunky she could not finish it, so of course I helped. I opted for the chicken parmesan and was not disappointed. It was tasty with an zesty tomato sauce. Perhaps the best part was when the bill came that this repast was at a reasonable price considering the quality of the food and service. Definitely worth a visit for either the food, or the view, or the value, or all of the above.

2  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We should know better than to order seafood at a waterfront restaurant, as it is often a lackluster experience, and Timmy's is no exception. However, we were near the beach in Warwick, wanted to sit dockside at an outdoor table and had a yen for seafood.
Being a Monday evening, the place was nearly empty, so seating us outside was no problem. The outside deck has a very pretty view of the marina and the vibe of the staff was casual and friendly. Mrs. Sitty ordered a vodka martini, which came perfectly dry. It was accompanied by a cold sidecar carafe of about 1/2 a drink more, which was a nice touch. On to the seafood......
The Manhattan Clam Chowder had little in common with its' name, containing no detectable clams, little broth and consisted of mostly thick potato chunks. The steamed mussels in butter and garlic were somewhat edible, but ruined by the thick, oily, yellow and extremely salty "broth" that began to congeal in the bowl as they cooled down. The fried combo of shrimp and whole belly clams was a miss, as breading overtook the poor critters inside. The clams were quite small, overcooked and the super-salty fried covering disguised any taste they may have had before entering the deep fryer. The smallish shrimp were unnecessarily butterflied, perhaps to give an illusion of size. They suffered the same sorry fate as the clams. The broiled scallops were absolutely terrible. Covered in about an inch thick of over-browned and over-salted bread crumb scab, the casserole of scallops(?) actually steamed underneath. They were flavorless cylinders of white sea flesh, inexplicably ruined and one of the worst-prepared scallop dishes we have ever encountered.
As we ate, small parties of locals filtered in and out and we noticed that they stuck to fare that Timmy's probably does much better with, like burgers and such. We will definitely come back sometime, but will stick to their excellent cocktails and "pub grub", which is difficult to do too badly. The burgers did look and smell great!

1  Thank sittyslickers
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Looking for a quick lunch before a long afternoon memorial service for an old friend, we were directed here to Timmy's. Right on the wharf, many boats in April were still out on the hard. But the restaurant was percolating! I had one of the worlds great burgers and my wife brought home most of her Chicken Marsala for the next day (It was delicious.) Crab cakes had more potato than crab, but the chowder was great. Only sorry we had to be so rushed and couldn't really enjoy this wonderful place.

1  Thank HerbMotley