“doing a good job at this old school restaurant”

Timmy's Waterfront Restaurant & Landing
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Under new ownership and recently renovated this old restaurant is new again. In the good weather it's great by the water and the interior is great. The bar has been freshened up. Food is excellent. I had the open faced turkey sandwich. She had the chicken florentine. Both were good. Decent beers on tap and a full bar.

1  Thank rpilk210

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I visited Timmy's this summer and ended up eating here three times! The lobster ravioli, stuffed shrimp, swordfish and buffalo calamari--amazing! The staff there are friendly. Even got a personal greeting by the owners. Clean, sunny interior and a wonderful patio with view of all the boats. Highly recommend.

1  Thank JennieDRichardson
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Timmy's Waterfront Restaurant & Landing was an unexpected find while visiting the Seekonk/Providence/Cranston area. My Garmin pulled it up on a list of seafood restaurants. When I saw the Bay Avenue address, I figured it would be a waterfront restaurant. I selected it. Sure enough.

It is located in an older waterfront building at historic Oakland Beach. It offers indoor and outdoor dining options.

I ordered the Baked Scrod with coleslaw and a medley of summer squash and zucchini. When the food arrived, it had a lot of eye appeal because:
1) The fish was baked just right. I could also tell that it was fresh.
2) The coleslaw was lightly dressed; it was not swimming in dressing. It looked freshly-made. It had some crunch.
3) The summer squash and zucchini had good color and texture. They were not cooked to mush. They were not oozing water. I could tell they were steamed just right...exactly the way I cook this combo at home.
Everything was excellent.

Later, I spoke with the owners. They confirmed that everything is fresh daily. The fresh fish is local. The produce is from local farms. The coleslaw is made fresh every morning.

This restaurant has it all---fresh, well-prepared, delicious food, ample portions, scenic setting overlooking a marina, great waterfront views, a nice deck, pleasant atmosphere, good service, and moderate prices.

Whenever I'm in the Warwick area, I will definitely dine here.

3  Thank Maurene_K
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I really love this restaurant. The food is fantastic! One of the best parts- they buy local! Since they're right on a dock, they buy the fish right from the fishermen bringing in their catch. We ordered the buffalo wings and pita chips & hummus to start. The buffalo wings were seriously the BEST I've ever had, and I've definitely had more than my fair share of buffalo wings in my day. The pita chips were fresh and made there, and honestly better than the pita at my local Middle Eastern place, which is saying something. I had the lobster mac & cheese for dinner, and I couldn't believe the amount of lobster in it. Usually when a place sells lobster-anything, it's typically a few shreds of lobster and you walk away wondering where your money went. But this had multiple chunks of lobster, and even after I ate all I could manage, when I went back to my leftovers the next day, I STILL found more lobster!

The people are so friendly, our waitress was very personable and had great recommendations from the menu. Sitting on the outside deck was lovely. The view of the water was so calm and relaxing, and the atmosphere was very summery and chill.

3  Thank Kara D
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Great food and friendly staff! If you want a delicious meal that is reasonably priced, you have GOT to come here! Everything is fresh and the outdoor deck seating is so relaxing. What a great lunch!

3  Thank Danielle Z