“Good food”
Review of Gators Pub

Gators Pub
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

This is a great place to just go and get something to eat in a bar atmosphere. The food, the service and the experience were all better than we expected. Its like upscale food in a bar environment its deceiving. I would recommend it to my friends.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

I always enjoyed eating here in the past but my last meal was way below what I expected. The food was cold and overcooked.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

I'be loved in the area for over 20 years. Never went to Gators. We decided to go with our neighbors. They have gone many times. I was excited as I had always heard good things. We got there and were seated in a large round table in the middle of the room. My friend who tends to talk loud, was in fact talking rather loudly. No foul language, just talking. i didn't get the sense it was really out of the ordinary though as the place was quite loud anyway. We had ordered already. We waited 45 minutes and our food did not arrive. It was busy but nothing crazy. We were were not in a hurry by any means, but my friend asked the waitress a few times when we would be getting our food. After asking 2 maybe 3 times, the owner comes over to our table directly across from my "loud friend" and points a finger at her and says in a sarcastic voice that could be heard by all patrons: "its only been 45 minutes since your order was put in. I know you are impatient but it will be out soon." The emphasis and sarcastic tone was on "impatient". I think the volume level in the room dropped by half once other people processed what was said. My friend just sat there stunned as did the rest of us. The owner then huffed away like a angry child. Of course me being the one who never likes to see people embarrassed, opened my mouth and said loudly to her "are you kidding me?", "did you just really speak rudely to a customer like that?" The owner glanced back and just smirked and continued walking away. I've been on this planet for 49 years and never have experienced anything close to this happening at a resturant. I have never had the opportunity to have to, or want to chastice a resturant employee and I have had some really bad service or bad food in the past. I usually make my displeasure known by not going to the establishment again. My wife saw how upset I was and how our friend felt bad, so she got up and went to talk to the owner in private. She came back and said she told the owner that this was our first time there and that she was really rude and that she should apologize to our friend. The owner said she did nothing wrong and that she was getting complaints from patrons that our friend was loud. She said she did not single her out. I can not confirm or deny that someone may have complained, though judging by the loud crowd in there, it was highly unlikely. My wife came back and sat down. I was furious. The owners daughter came over about 10 minutes later with the food (55 minutes to get pub food) and proceeded to drop the plates in front of our kids and made us grab the plates and pass them to each other rather than putting them down in front of us. To to it all off, it took a look at my turkey enchilada and it was smothered in yellow cheese wiz and the fries that came with it were brown and burnt. Who still serves cheese wiz? The combination of the events that just occurred and the apparent cheapness and quality of the food made me lose my appetite. They removed the food from our bill and we ended up leaving. Suffice to say I will never return. I can look past the rude owner and service as everyone can have a bad day, but the disgusting food that was presented just topped it off. There are much better pubs out there that serve higher quality food. I feel sorry for people who expose their bodies to this "food". Have some respect and go someplace better and healthier.

1  Thank John I
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Good place to stop for a drink or an inexpensive bite. The nachos rock, but the salads are good too. The wine selection could be better, but to be fair...it's really a pub so wine isn't their thing.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

Friendly staff, wide booths, free popcorn. Great selection of sandwiches, nice selection of dinners. Especially like their grilled meatloaf sandwiches.